B&W or Color?

DrumsOfGrohl

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I really like the color version of this because of the street art, but for some reason (I can't put my finger on it) the B&W one has a certain charm. What do you think?

Also, general C&C is welcome, as I'm new and only have a very little amount of photographic knowledge.

Already, I can see I probably should've shot with a higher aperture to keep a little more of the scene in focus.

Street Bike by Mike Rothschild, on Flickr

EDIT: B&W was deleted anyway. Thanks.

Last edited:
For me, it boils down to this... if the image has strong contrasty textures, patterns, geometric shapes, etc. then I consider the color to be a distraction to noticing those other things and I prefer black & white. But if it lacks those elements, I prefer color.

I really like the color version of this because of the street art, but for some reason (I can't put my finger on it) the B&W one has a certain charm. What do you think?

Also, general C&C is welcome, as I'm new and only have a very little amount of photographic knowledge.

Already, I can see I probably should've shot with a higher aperture to keep a little more of the scene in focus.

I also only saw the color, which I like. As for the parts out of focus, I think you solve that and make the image stronger by cropping out from the entryway on the left and losing the grey wall on the right. Just my two cents (and worth it?).
Street Bike by Mike Rothschild, on Flickr

EDIT: B&W was deleted anyway. Thanks.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back