B&W or Colour

goooner

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I had the privilege to look after this old girl today, and decided to snap a few shots. I know nothing of B&W processing, so normally just play around with the LR pre-sets, and move the sliders around to fit my taste. I was going for the grungy scrapyard dog look. Critique and suggestions welcome.

IMG_3758.jpg

IMG_3758-2.jpg

I had the privilege to look after this old girl today, and decided to snap a few shots. I know nothing of B&W processing, so normally just play around with the LR pre-sets, and move the sliders around to fit my taste. I was going for the grungy scrapyard dog look. Critique and suggestions welcome.

View attachment 105170
View attachment 105171
I really like the black and white, including the processing. It looks like a portrait of the dog, which is about the dog, while the color image looks like a picture with a dog in it.

Thank you, was not sure this B&W would work. Seeing it makes the whole animal the same 'colour'.

View attachment 105214
You could try diddling the sliders a bit and make him look tougher?
More contrast and clarity? I'm torn a little between the 'traditional' B&W where you can see the difference in the colour of the face and rest of the dog.

IMG_3758-3.jpg

sorry but color for me :)

but ... with the green in the bg toned down

If I HAD to pick one I would choose the color version. The background is too dark for B&W which means you will have little contrast in the conversion unless you find a way to make the contrast. Gooner's B&W conversion looks pretty good but that background just doesn't work in B&W for me...

If I HAD to pick one I would choose the color version. The background is too dark for B&W which means you will have little contrast in the conversion unless you find a way to make the contrast. Gooner's B&W conversion looks pretty good but that background just doesn't work in B&W for me...
Thanks for looking, and the suggestions.

Color for me but I like the OP's second b&w better than the original.
Thanks Ronlane.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back