B&W - Oregon Coast through my eyes...

PerfectlyFlawed

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.feliciakelsayphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Some shots I favored from my last trip to the Oregon coast (July/August) .

Any critique is always welcome, thank you!

1.)
6124631779_9485346538_b.jpg

2.)
6124631669_625c3090e4_b.jpg

3.)

6124631505_809626d61c_b.jpg

4.)

6124631711_425d25515e_b.jpg

5.)

6125173010_753889f2ed_b.jpg

6.)

6125172832_20c01d68b3_b.jpg

7.)

6125172810_f2a3633774_b.jpg

Last edited:
You should number them.. makes it much easier to reference.

I like #1 and #5 the best.. clean, simple, with obvious points of interest. Very nice!

#2 is ok, but I find it a little confusing.. since the angle of the shot doesn't cause any separation of the posts and their reflections. Make it optically unappealing to me...

#3 ??? what is it? The lines are ok in a geometric sense.. but too jumbled for any coherency.

#4 the symmetry is good.. leading lines and all, but it leads to the shoreline in the distance.. which is flat.. and blah.

#6 - silhouette of bird... and? not much there...

#7.. old.. :)

Oops, I knew I forgot something!(Numbers , haha)

Thanks for the critique.

By 7, what do you mean "old"?

As far as 6, I love silhouettes, the bird was ridiculously close to my car perched on a fence overlooking the Sea lions, so I shot that out the window. It wasnt zoomed into a tree from afar. I really like that it looks detailed for being a silhouette.

3, is an old, weathered and fallen apart historic pier off Empire Docks. I love old Piers.

Oops, I knew I forgot something!(Numbers , haha)

Thanks for the critique.

By 7, what do you mean "old"?

As far as 6, I love silhouettes, the bird was ridiculously close to my car perched on a fence overlooking the Sea lions, so I shot that out the window. It wasnt zoomed into a tree from afar. I really like that it looks detailed for being a silhouette.

3, is an old, weathered and fallen apart historic pier off Empire Docks. I love old Piers.

On #7.. just the obligatory marina shot.. done a billion times! :) It is a nice Marina shot, don't get me wrong.. but.... :)

I like silhouettes also.. and yes, this one has a little bit more detail than many... but there are people who would not be able to recognize what it is... and one of my criteria for silhouettes is that they must be almost instantly recognizable as to what they are.. like in #1!

Old piers are cool.. but without more context, all you see in the photo is a jumble of lumber.. a viewer can't ID what is! I had a teacher in a Art class tell me one time, that if people cant relate to the art.. they probably won't enjoy it.

I really like #1 a lot.. and #5 also...

Good composition and tonal range on most of them. 3 and 7 are a little cluttered and 6 needs some point of interest besides the bird. 1 and 5 are especially good, although a little heavy on the vignette for my taste.

The rock in 5 has no visual structure. Speaking in the Adams zone system it's zone 0. And it is a too big black spot. A little of dodging would do the job.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back