B&W Piano

23pixels

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Took this picture late last night and converted it from color. Any comments and critiques are welcome!

20070514230839__mg_1124.jpg

i think the DOF is fine, you want the photo to sort of trail off as it moves away, gives it that never ending look. nice angle too.

on second note, i think you could have enlarged the DOF a tad to get the forground keys in focus, it would have only added the next 2 keys in the background so you would have achieved the same effect, sorry elsa, you were right.

Well, where were you going with it? I mean the exposure and composition are okay.

All looks a bit out of focus to me. Is that what you were going for?

Really like this one! I'm looking for this kind of DOFon my close images. The conversion to b/w I think really puts the picture up to a whole new level!. Nice and simple as well as an excellent shot.:thumbup:

This photo has been done THOUSANDS of times before, and when I say thousands I'm not exagerating. Google image search "Piano Keys" or "Piano" and you'll see what I mean. I think I even took this photo sometime last year.

I think if the entire keyboard was in focus , like the foreground, this would be strong.. as is, it almost hurts the eyes... F/stop #s need to be larger here, put it all in focus , so the repetitive lines take over the pic.. it will make a much stronger B+W... Tripod here??? and what was the lighting, it appears you are shooting into it???

Most reactions

Back