B & W Pictures from around Oahu, Hawaii

Kristen6877

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.kristenmartin.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are just some various pictures taken with my Canon Digital Rebel from around the Island of Oahu on Hawaii. They were originally in color and converted to B&W....

monkey.jpg

waiting.jpg

butterfly.jpg

bwzebra.jpg

Let me know what you think or what you think I can do to make them better.... Mahalo, Kristen

I like number 2, it has very interesting subjects and composition!!! I also like the composition of the third picture, the empty space on the right really make it feel like the butterfly just flew in from that direction. The only critique is that the background seem a bit too blurry making it look too stage. In the first picture, I think the monkey is too in the middle, I think if he has more room to look down and out on, it'll be a better composition.

Thanks. The butterflys kept moving so I had to shoot alot to get them in the picture! But the one with the monkey was also hard because you can kind of see the glare of the glass. It was at the zoo and behind very thick glass and I had to make it B&W to cut some of the glare out to cause less distraction. I couldn't get at a great angle - directly to my left was a divider in the window... I also like the B&W on that picture because I thought it looked a little more vintage than in color.

you cut the zebra's ear, otherwise a nice shot and certainly a good one for b&w (zebras always are ;) )

as for the butterfly, could need some more contrast and it is not really sharp, otherwise nice :)

#2 for me personally is not a winner ...

Aloha, Thanks for everyone's critique. Alot of people seem to like #2 thats why I put it up - but honestly its not even a top runner for my favorites. And the Zebra - I took like 800 (well maybe not that many - but definitely TOO many) and when I was uploading them the other night I was tired and it was like 3am but I couldn't sleep so I was playing and I just choose one without looking - cause alot of them are repetitive - I'll try to find a better one with the whole zebra... thanks again... Kristen

Most reactions

New Topics

Back