B&W Portrait, and typical Rose shot. C&C

Fatback

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
4925149774_ea3019143b_b.jpg

4924553945_9745459af7_b.jpg

Been trying to get more into Portraits lately, so any info of what I should try differently is welcome.

Rose is a little under exposed or so it seems to me. Personal opinion I guess.
The B&W portrait... need more space in front of her face. There is more behind her than in front of her. Should be the other way around. Make sure that the bridge of her nose doesn't block out the opposite eye. Probably would have worked a little better if you would have moved a little left and/or got her to turn head more toward you and tilt/tuck chin in, then you could get more of the other eye and maybe a smile. Fill flash would work good here also.

Rose is a little under exposed or so it seems to me. Personal opinion I guess.
The B&W portrait... need more space in front of her face. There is more behind her than in front of her. Should be the other way around. Make sure that the bridge of her nose doesn't block out the opposite eye. Probably would have worked a little better if you would have moved a little left and/or got her to turn head more toward you and tilt/tuck chin in, then you could get more of the other eye and maybe a smile. Fill flash would work good here also.

I sorta agree with you on the rose. Not really sure though, I like it the way it is.

As for the portrait. This wasn't a photo shoot, it was just me walking around with my camera at a party. I really only intended for them to be snapshots, but I liked her pose, and expression in this one.

I really like the first one. I think it's a great picture.

i would say bump up the rose shot a bit and see what you get i like the concept and the first one is my favorite nicely done

i would say bump up the rose shot a bit and see what you get i like the concept and the first one is my favorite nicely done

I took your advice. I have to say I like it much better. I think I might need to up the exposure just a little more.
4926117170_60871bb438_b.jpg

I also bumped the contrast just a bit, and sharpened it a little.

much better now you got yourself a great photo

Much better on the rose. Maybe a "tad" bit more.
I understand the "snap shot" on the first one. Not bad for a snap shot. I take them too sometimes.

I like the rose. In the portrait I don't like how the face is too jammed into the upper left corner. And the top of head is missing. I really like everything else about it

b&w looks great, other than the position. maybe a little darker would do, just my opinion.

2nd rose shot looks very nice.

much better now you got yourself a great photo

Thanks.

Much better on the rose. Maybe a "tad" bit more.

Yea I was thinking the same thing.

I like the rose. In the portrait I don't like how the face is too jammed into the upper left corner. And the top of head is missing. I really like everything else about it

hummm, I see what you are getting at. I still have the original, should I try a different crop?

b&w looks great, other than the position. maybe a little darker would do, just my opinion.

2nd rose shot looks very nice.

I may try that along with a different crop.

Thanks.

I really like the portrait... there's just something about it that draws me in.

Thank You.

like the portrait also, the edited rose image looks great also

Thanks to you as well.

I really like the 1st one. Love her facial expression that goes well with you taking more of her back. Look like she saw something or someone that excite her and the view of the back make it more interesting and mysterious. Making us as observer wondering what it is. :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back