B&W Portrait

TamiAz

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is a picture I took of my daughter.. I converted it to b&w and would love some feedback on how I did. Thank you!! :mrgreen:

6814668914_c11f5274df_z.jpg

I feel that it's a little too gray for my taste... Notice it doesn't have much black or white which makes it kind of dull looking. I did a quick little edit in Photoshop of how I'd have personally edited it if it were mine...

JGQjN.jpg

Tamiaz.. definitely need to up your contrast a bit.. play with the curves a little...

www.jpg

Easy on the high-pass

The biggest thing I see is the lack of contrast but I actually like the pose and how the sun is coming down on her hair.

There is a lot of unevenness so I had to darken half her shirt and lighten the corners. Here's my best try.

Last edited:
Thank you for the feedback..Last time I posted a picture (color) I had too much contrast, so I guess I held back on it and was too careful. I'll keep trying!! :D It does look better with more contrast.

I personally like the original with the haze :D To each their own <3

I'm with Bossy on this one... I like the original best. The lack of contrast makes me think of this photo as being a memory of a girl if that makes sense.

I don't mind the haze but the pose is not to flattering.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back