B&W Rail yard shot...

HonCBRf4i

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello, noob photographer here and just wanted to share one of my B&W photos...C&C welcomed here :)

Picture403.jpg

I like all the elements of the photo, but I would like to see what it would look if the rail car was in focus and the danger sign was kind of a secondary element.

Not saying it's a bad photo, would just like to see a variation. :thumbup:

No clear subject in the photo. What elements there are in the photo are clipped.
The rail car in the back should either be in focus or very out of focus, just barely out of focus doesn't work.

thanks for the tips, I did go back and make it a tad darker which I do like better, but I wont be able to provide a variant with the car in focus. As for the car being very blurred, my 18-200mm doesnt do that well. As for dodging and burning, I haven't spent the money for a good editing program yet, that is coming soon. Feel free to do whatever improvement you want....

Picture4031.jpg

Last edited:
i think it could use a little more contrast, everything looks the same shade of gray

interesting photo, however I do agree the Danger sign is too much of a focus, what about re-shooting or cropping so that you cut off part of the danger sign and get more of the rail car?

Most reactions

Back