B & W Senior Guy

Tally Ho

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
One for the girls who frequent this site! Original on Kodak Portra 160NC (color negative film) changed to b & w in Photoshop. Bronica GS 1, 150mm lens F 8 at 1/60 second.

Leaning the subject in a portrait will give it some action. Straight up and down tends to be static and boring.

Tally Ho

Lighting and conversion work well here. He's got a very natural smile which is always a plus in a portrait. I agree that angles can be a nice way to change from a static portrait, but in this case I think it's been taken a little to far. The guy almost looks like his chair will tip over. Seems to be some dead space on the right of the photo as well.

This one is really good. The lighting here is spot on. :thumbup: What made you convert to B&W, btw?

Why b & w? I dunno, I guess I have always thought this image would look good in a b & w. The background is actually gray and he is wearing a black shirt, so all that was converted was the rest of the image!!!:lol:

Tally Ho

I think b&w works great for portraits, very classic looking!

I love this one in black and white myself. It's a good shot. Wonderful, natural expression on the subjects face and the lighting looks great. I do wonder if a slightly tighter crop would eliminate the feeling that the chair is going over. :scratch:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back