B&W

tr0gd0o0r

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took these pictures for a class i took last semester, I processed and printing them on my own. (I even scanned them to) Lemme know what ya think

cemetary.jpg

parking.jpg

you have a good eye for composition and framing.... nice work!

md

I like the graininess in the first one. Is that in the negative, or did the scanner do it? I'd like to see it not quite so tightly cropped on the left, and with a blurred background, but that's personal preference.

The second makes me wonder if people know what brakes are for? Or do they just use the parking blocks as "motion arrestors?" :lol:

Jim

Hi Trog,
The first one is just OK and personally I would have preferred more contrast in the second.
Neat arrangement though.

Well you're certainly not scared of trying something that bit different. Your 2nd pic has turned out to be a good topic after all. Who would've thought of kerb stones eh? I like it.

Both photos look good to me.

The first could be improved by altering the DOF & throw the background a bit more out of focus, which would keep the viewers attention fixed on the main element of the picture.

The second is well seen, I find my eye travelling to the back of the photograph but always finishing up at the block on the light coloured square.

photobug said:
I like the graininess in the first one. Is that in the negative, or did the scanner do it? I'd like to see it not quite so tightly cropped on the left, and with a blurred background, but that's personal preference.

Jim

the graininess is in the negative, i think its increased by the texture of the gravestone. Also several people have mentioned the DOF of this picture. In the actual picture the stairs look a little more blurry, but I have a question about that to. I really wanted the stairs to be in the picture, while slightly blurred. Sort of a meaning ya know. With this in mind do yall still think the DOF should be smaller?

The problem seems to be that the front end of the car intrudes so if reducing the DOF gets rid of it that would help. If the car wasn't there the DOF would be fine.
Just my opinion.

I wondered about the positioning of the stairs after I posted that. If there was indeed some symbolism in the stairs being there you were right not to blur them any more than they are.

Sometimes I get too wrapped up in macro stuff and think the background should be blurred for everything, when obviously that isn't always the case. :wink:

Jim

Most reactions

New Topics

Back