Reaction score
b30f4930.jpg

b34f4840.jpg

b3af4940.jpg

b3cf4940.jpg

b265e0f0.jpg

Burke & James Press 4x5, Kodak TMax 400, Tripod

love that cam!

3rd composition is my fav, i like how you framed the foreground with the shrubbery. The 4th is also interesting... is that a road or frozen stream? Well prolly a road, but it makes the shot interesting.

I agree with Vonnagy, the last two are great. On the third one I wouldn't have put the building in the middle of the frame. I think the composition would have been more interesting without it in the center.

The 4th one... Wow.... I love it! The road moves your eyes through the picture and it is a little mysterious in black and white along with the soft focus. Man.. I just really like that picture. You might bump the contrast up just a little bit. However, it could just be my monitor.

Ah, ye olde 4x5 press camera.....she's doing you proud, isn't she?? Love these images. Of them all I have to give the nod for beauty and composition to the first one, even though my puke monitor is telling me it's a little on the dark side. I love the strands of grass coming up in the foreground here.

And the second picture....not much here, but for me it is all about the light. The lighting on the building is what keeps drawing me in here. This is a beautifully exposed B&W. Good shadow detail.

The composition of #3 isn't bothering me at all....I like it. Fourth image doesn't do much for me. But overall, another nice grouping. :cheer:

The first photo is a frozen beaver pond with old building in background. I have tried many times to shoot this building, but can't seem to get what I want.
The second photo is a working vegetable farm. It is a hub of activity in late summer.
The third photo is a very small general store that was in business until 1940. There was no room to shoot any diffferent than seen. Standing in the street and many houses in the background. A rather difficult shot.
The fourth photo is actually a swamp, not a road. There will be some great reflections here when the water covers the ice in the spring.

I would sugest if there was a way to get higher, maybe a building roof near by and angle down on the number 1 shot would be cool.

No way to get any higher. Perhaps a slightly different angle and time of day. I have always been here in the afternoon. Perhaps some early morning light, that would be coming from the right side of the frame, might work?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back