B&Ws(5 pics)

chris82

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
shutterbugs.myfreeforum.org
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I went out to a man made lake today while we had some sun light but before I even made it to the lake the sun went away...as usual so I decided to try some black and white shots.(Im greatly disapointed in how they turned out so if anyone has any tips on how to make good b&w shots let me know.)

1)A bridge crossing the lake
bridge.jpg

2)This bird was a good model...pitty about the photographer:lol:
duck.jpg

3)The clouds cleard and I tried to get the sun set,but I couldnt get the settings right and the shot kept coming out blown out so I turned around and took a shot of my shadow.
me.jpg

4)I spotted this wall on the way home and thought it would make a good photo.
oldwall.jpg

5)An allyway where I live.
oldhouses.jpg

Thanks.

My main criticism is about your framing. The bridge's arch should be visible in whole, and perhaps "assigning it" to the left part of the frame would bring a nicer view of the structure. But I was not there...

I would shoot (metaphorically) the swan verticaly and try to fit the whole of the head in the frame. Also, (as I have made this mistake again and again), try to kneel before taking the picture. Shooting from above makes the swan look miserable.

I really like the graffitti wall. Cant find anything wrong with it, the theme grabbed me so I didn't want to find anything wrong.

The alley leaves me thinking. It's not a bad picture (apart from the washed out sky) but I don't like something in it. Can't figure out what, perhaps it's because the theme is used to much.

The arch of the bridge is a bit too tight of a crop, as is the swan.

I really like the alleyway. It gives a great sense of depth.

I like the first graffiti shot better.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back