Baby and Big Brother!

twocolor

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.twocolorphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here's a fun shoot I did of a little 2 week old girl and her big bro! The little boy was quite the whirlwind! We didn't stop laughing at him until they left!
1. I pulled out every prop I had to keep his attention span! This bean bag I usually use underneath black fabric for my newborn shoots!
2842447691_78c11beb74.jpg

2842447625_d2497e5bd3.jpg

2842447561_026f3550c5.jpg

2842447401_ab874f3fe9.jpg

5. Here's my old flea market find - $4 dollar foot locker!
2843281838_3361575a17.jpg

2842446985_1c47a0e0e8.jpg

2842447069_e41fbfb4ca.jpg

2842446823_4e15585d13.jpg

2842446709_94fd527702.jpg

10. I HATE that the binky is in this pic. BUT, baby would not stop crying unless she was sucking on the binky!
2843281156_f137d4bca4.jpg

C&C always welcome!

3 & 5 are my favorites.

#4 my personal tastes would like to see more angle from over the parents shoulders but not quiet that much. Just seems weird to me with the baby's hand cut off and a freckly forearm....
#9 the hand is distracting in that one..

Overall very nice!

I love #3 & 5 also! great pictures!!!
#7 kinda looks like he's laying on her head...hehe...not much you can do about that! :)

oops. double post

2,3,4 are my favs. very nice.

in 7 i feel like he is crushing her and in 8 i could do without the flower and the negative space on the bottom. in 9 the bow on her lip is quite distracting.

i think 3 is the strongest image. very nice work. love the lighting!

Thanks for the comments! It's funny how sometimes you don't notice the same things that other people notice, and then once it's pointed out to you, it starts to bug you too!

Poor baby does look a little like she's being squished! I wanted to use his side to keep her propped on her side. Otherwise she'd slide onto her back. I'm debating about buying little wedge or something to slip underneath my infants to get the same effect!

I also think I'll crop tighter on #9 to see if I can't lose the misproportioned hand. I'm also going to clone the bow away from her lip. Would that make it any better? I really liked this one, but her hand and that bow bother me now!

I think you are on the right track! and I say search eBay or craigslist for the baby prop. You will get one cheap and just wash it before use. Those things are useless really quickly for a new parent but for you, never know when it will come in handy. Fortunately I knew I wanted to photograph infants so I kept a lot of my daughters baby stuff for that and it has came in handy. Especially her boppy that I have customize for photography use! I bet the parents are or will be thrilled with these! You did a great job!

oh i forgot to mention b/c I was on a negative rant in my earlier post :) Nice lighting! The lighting looks great!

anyone else . . . . anyone . . . . anyone;)

I think if you post one or two photos for comments, you'll get more responses than if you post a lot like you did. Me personally, I'll stop to comment on one or two, but not a whole grouping. I wish I had the time.

#1, I would do a tighter crop, cute picture though.
#2, very cute
#3, my absolute favorite! Nice job here!
#4, really pretty
#5, love the locker, Not too crazy about the angle or crop.
#6, cute
#7, cute
#8, would have liked the angle to be a bit higher, not too crazy about a blurry flower up close but that just might be me.
#9, The crop doesn't do it for me and it is hard having the fingers cut off
#10, Cute idea, but the binky does hurt the picture. At least you could have moved the handle, gripper piece (?) up by her nose and out of the picture while leaving the binky in.

Overall great job. Mom will love I am sure.

(still love that foot shot!)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back