Baby announcement photo help

nikon90s

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all I am going to make my own photo for my baby announcements, this is one of the shots that I like, please tell me what you think could make it a little stronger. I only have PS 5 so keep that in mind.

30552646.jpg

this is actually quite good. The contrasting colors work quite well and this pose has quite a bit of character to it.

He looks as if he is thinking "I have had such a rough day, I wish they would just let me sleep".

Do you have a pose with him awake?

No the little guy likes to sleep all the times that we are awake and but he is up all night so I will try to get one.

I like it. I tend to prefer sleeping baby pictures, they are so sweet! I think the border is a nice touch to soften the colors a bit. How are you adjusting to fatherhood? Is this your first?

I think the traditional vignette with that background would really be nice. A full-face pose might work better considering that the photo is going to be used for an announcement.

I'm a huge fan of b&w for portraiture work. Just as something different, I'd desaturate, then play with brightness/contrast (and maybe even a very low level of diffuse glow) just to see if I liked it better.

Shark said:
I'm a huge fan of b&w for portraiture work. Just as something different, I'd desaturate, then play with brightness/contrast (and maybe even a very low level of diffuse glow) just to see if I liked it better.

Shark, I absolutely agree with you. With the edits you mentioned, his recepients wouldn't be aware that they were viewing a home-made announcement.

I was thinking of something more on these lines....
spencer.jpg

It's not pure photography! but who could care in a moment like this?

You're never going to see professional photography that's pure, anyway (especially if it's for sale)

Babies, puppies, kittens, ducklings, gosslings, snow when it drifts, sunsets, and misty sunrises--My favorfite things to behold.

Excellent suggestion canonrebel; with the given parameters!.... I was not too comfy with the distracting background.

While at Barnes & Noble yesterday, I came accross PURE by 'Anne Geddes'.

:shock: :shock: :shock: is all I can say!!!
The word 'Awesome' is not enough to describe her pictures!

Yup, I love anne geddes's 'real' photography. You can keep all that crap with kids dressed up like bumblebees and flowers and shyte, but her stuff showing just the beauty of the human form with infants is amazing. Can't wait till our little urchin comes along so I can try some similar shots.

Shark said:
Can't wait till our little urchin comes along so I can try some similar shots.

urchin :D

30664533.jpg

this pic looks great as a BW but i think you should lighten him a bit if you do this :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back