Baby photo session

Pax

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Come and meet one of my favorite little "models". I'll just call her Amy.

Here she is: Amy!
Session31.jpg

A real cutie, in my opinion, even if she's still lacking some hair. She's working on that, though. :mrgreen:

During our play session we had lots and lots of photos and she was fascinated by how the camera displayed the pictures I took. Here are the best shots from the session. (I also had my first time with selective coloring, so if you don't mind, please give me some feedback on how I have done! ;) )

#1: Fully concentrated on what I showed her.
Session11.jpg

#2: Bottle-break.
Session41.jpg

#3: Hey, colour!
Session61.jpg

#4: Ain't that the greatest hat?!
Session51.jpg

#5: Just kidding!
Session21.jpg

I really did my very best doing these pictures. Thank you very much for looking. Please give me some feedback to help me improve my portraits. Thanks in advance. :D

Bump. 34 people have looked - nobody commented. Are the pictures bad?

Very cute subject! I like 1 the best...I'm not a big fan of the selective coloring in 3. Very discracting in my opinion. I like the last one a lot, too, though the flash lighting is a bit harsh.

Well I'll comment. I like most of the shots, but it seems the exposures are a little off. I looks like your really blasting her with the flash. I'm not a big fan of the B&W/Color mix, but I shoot mostly B&W and thats the elitist in me. :D

#1 & 5 are my favorites as well. I would try to shoot in natural light if you can, on camera flash is really harsh light and I think you'll get more pleasing results in natural or by using more diffuse lighting (an off camera flash if you have one). I look forward to seeing more of your photos!

Thank you, everyone, for your replies! :D

I know that the flash is harsh, but unfortunately I have neither an off camera flash, nor natural light. :( All I have is a tiny compact camera and a windowless cellar appartment and try to make the best out of it. I can't even step back farther to lessen the harshness of the flash as the farthest I can step in any direction without bumping against furniture is 2 meters. Sigh.

But I'm trying to get creative. The artificial lighting in my appartment is bad, because it emits a majorly yellowish light. What I figured might help is one of these neon lampsticks that mechanics use... I don't know how to describe those. Basically a neon tube with a longer cable and a plug... Do you think one of those might be powerful enough to replace an off camera flash? Or enhance the light enough to use no flash at all. (But getting a good shot without flash is very hard with a fast moving subject like Amy! ;))

Most reactions

New Topics

Back