Baby photo shoot for C and C

hayleyfraser24

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
hayleyfraserphotography.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I recently did this shoot for another friend, im getting busier with photoshoots, I like how the pctures turned out but its much easier when the baby super smiley. He has the most gorgeous blue eyes. I think I need to work on my backdrops though... maybe stretching out the blankets for a smoother look, I recently had a newborn shoot that im also posting for C and C and had the same issue with the blankets. Comments and Critique welcome, I always find it helpfull.. the good and the bad!

lil31of1-14.jpg

lil31of1-12.jpg

lil31of1-9.jpg

lil31of1-11.jpg

Cute baby! Not sure if it's the a WB issue or baby's skin, but he looks a bit yellow on my monitor.

Also, why no portrait oriented images? Be careful in post, the eyes are flirting with being over-sharpened.

Cute baby! Not sure if it's the a WB issue or baby's skin, but he looks a bit yellow on my monitor.

Also, why no portrait oriented images? Be careful in post, the eyes are flirting with being over-sharpened.

Thanks, I see what you mean, I never seem to get much portrait oriented images.. im not sure why, I must try and remeber this for next time.. I have had this comment before.. probably too much snapping and getting carried away and not enough thinking!

Great job! Looks beautiful! Im new to this forum and new to photography.

love the set! I also do agree about the yellow skin. Can I ask what you used for lighting?

love the set! I also do agree about the yellow skin. Can I ask what you used for lighting?

Yea, it was quite a dark room with not much window light so I had a large soft box at the right hand side above... as a kind of hair light and then another sofbox to the left and a reflector.. I used the gold side of the reflector insted of the white side. Is this a mistake? I noticed in some of the photos there was a green tinge in areas around his nose and chin. It looked like lens flare, I was a bit baffled by that!

The gold reflector probably contributed to the odd skin color that others mentioned. I was going to suggest reducing the redness in the second image- his skin (especially his arms) look a bit too pink (like blotchy baby skin). I have a few baby skin actions I use for infants- you can do it by hand too but the free ones I've grown to use regularly do a good job with one click.

Good set! Maybe try to get a boppy or something under his chest so you don't lose him into the prop, so he's more "up" and not sinking into it? Just a suggestion.

Most reactions

Back