Baby photos

xyphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Had a photo session with my friend's baby last month. Here are three to share. All three were shot using single flash bounce of an umbrella. C&C welcome.

p930024227-4.jpg

p566496992-4.jpg

p1044417910-4.jpg

1> Framing seems a little off. Needs to be just a bit more right and down. You might be able to crop it a hair, but I think it will hurt the image a bit.

2> This is fine. Kinda typical, the hand position (the baby's) doesn't seem totally ideal, but it's fine.

3> Oh god the colors and patterns. Some not so pretty pillowcasey thing... then some drab and not so nice gray outfit, and then the motley of the quilt or whatever it is in the background. None of these colors terribly great, and all pretty much clashing and distracting colors... and patterns to boot. Also a bit underexposed.

I've seen worse, but these leave a bit to be desired IMO.

3> Oh god the colors and patterns. Some not so pretty pillowcasey thing... then some drab and not so nice gray outfit, and then the motley of the quilt or whatever it is in the background. None of these colors terribly great, and all pretty much clashing and distracting colors... and patterns to boot. Also a bit underexposed.

I've seen worse, but these leave a bit to be desired IMO.

Thank you for the comments. You could have just said ugly for the decrorations around the baby. Haha... Unfortunately, I did not have any control over it. Lessons learned.

It's perfectly ok to gently suggest to the parents that they might choose a different outfit or setting. You're the photographer, you know better than they (or at least odds are they will think you do by default... I've never understood that, but people assume if your camera is bigger that you know stuff... sometimes stuff having nothing to do with cameras). If they resist, certainly back down, but all you have to do is try. Most folks are receptive.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back