Baby Pictures - 1st Attempt

ovjamaica

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My third son just reached the six week mark so my wife and I decided to try taking some pictures of him. These are a few that I like the most. Please feel free to C&C as honestly as you'd like. This was our first try, so I don't expect perfection. Without further delay...

4%20web.jpg

3%20web.jpg

9%20web.jpg

Thank you for the kind words. It was really fun to try this out. Especially with such a cute subject. ;)

Adorable, cognrats on the beautiful babe and great shots! I think they all might look good in B&W?

very very sweet photos and a really beautiful baby too. I think you have a few bright spots...the diaper on 2 and on 4 where the light is hitting.

Now you got to get all 3 sons together for a photo!

awwwww...see my kids are 16 months apart and all they do is hit eachother infront of my camera. Those are really adorable...I think they need some more light on left side but could be fixed with lightroom or ps if you have it.

Those are all mostly good. The first one is the best, the rest each have blown highlights.

In the first one, your aperature was too slow resulting in the finger blur, so be careful of that next time.

The second one is awkward with the crop... Its a classic pose, but would be better if you burned out the back curtain.

And also, all of these could have benefited from a naked bum. Diapers in pictures just aren't cute. Unless they are cloth, then you have options.

I like the one with your 2 sons, too. Such cuties you have :)

Kelly, thanks for the critique. I appreciate it. I don't mind the blown highlights too much, as they don't detract too much from the images. I wish I'd had something to diffuse the window light with, but we didn't have anything big enough. Anyway, I'm sure having him naked would have been better. That's how most baby pictures like this are, but we opted to keep it on. I hadn't even though about a cloth diaper, something to keep in mind for the next one I guess. Thanks for the kind words about my other two boys. They are very cute. Must get it from their mom. ;)

Emerana, I agree with the lighting on the last two pictures. I did a slight curve tweak on these, but didn't try to fix that yet.

Thanks again for the support craig. Makes me feel all right about these when other photographers (who are much more critical than casual observers) think these look ok.

great pics!!... and very ncie tips as I´ll be attempting some pics of one of our friends baby...;)

just one thing I noticed.. on the first and second pic there is some unerased parts on baby´s head and on one of the mommy´s thumbnail.... oh.. wait.... thet´s her other thumbnail peeking from behind... nevermind that...

Thanks husky_mom. I'm not sure what you mean about unerased parts. And you're right, that is one of Mary's other fingernails poking out from behind. At first I thought it was some sort of motion blur until I looked at it close up. Best of luck on the pics you'll be taking. It can be a lot of fun, but we also got quite a few pictures of him screaming in between all of these calm ones.

well... I realized they are not unerased parts it´s just the glare of his top hair... LOL... but wehn I saw the fingernail I thought you missed a spot while erasing something... :p... oops...

Most reactions

Back