TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
took this today. original color, converted to b&w

516548156_13e9e3dbd0.jpg

This photo is also over-exposed. Maybe you ought to consider trying the shot under less-direct light.

I don't think the whole thing is overexposed, you just need to make the light a little less harsh on the left of the baby. You may also try this with a less distracting background.

Let me see if I understand you correctly. You're saying that the shot isn't overexposed, it's just lit too harshly?

Okay then.

I'm saying part of it is overexposed which is due to uneven light.

I tried to fix it as best i could. I think i fixed some of the overexposure problems.
Tell me what you think. :)
No wait I guess I really didn't fix anything

516548156_13e9e3dbd0-1.jpg

Oh goodness gracious.

Okay, I agree that this is overexposed, as well as the fact that it is too harshly lit. The light is following off before his eyes, so as you can see, there is a potential for nice catchlights, his eyes are just dark and 'blah' and the viewers' eyes are drawn toward the blown out section. By pulling him farther away from the light source (presumably a window) or by having it more evenly lit, your camera (or yourself) could meter it for better overall skin tones.

Also, the amount of clutter in the background takes away from his sweet expression - I would also recommend not taking pictures with the soother.

Anyways, your BW conversion looks very nice and smooth.

Most reactions

Back