I am Big, I am Mike
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mikehodson.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Someone asked me about the baby posing stand that I build, and used in the photos here

It's basically one of those signs that a store would put out on the sidewalk...although I made it heavy duty. You won't see it in this drawing but I used a plastic chain on the bottom, so the kiddies don't get hurt playing with it. A also put in two door stop springs so that it won't collapse and crush any fingers etc.

I drilled a series of holes on one side and fitted the shelf with dowel pegs. I can adjust the shelf for different heights of children.

It really only works for head & shoulders shots of kids...but it's much better than shooting them lying down. Once they are big enough to sit or stand...I'll need some other props.

Any comments or tips would be welcome.

Attachments

• $Baby Stand-1a.jpg
    $Baby Stand-1a.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 103
  • $Baby Stand-1b.jpg
    $Baby Stand-1b.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 122
I'm not the one that asked you about it.. But I'm glad to see it.. how much did it cost you to build??

I forgot to keep a tab on how much it cost in total...but I'm sure it was less than $50 CDN. The most expensive thing was the wood. I didn't want to go with plywood or something cheap looking or feeling. After-all, people will put their babies on this. So the wood I got was 30" wide pine shelving board.

The wood looks great and I even toyed with the idea of putting a nice stain on it...or at least a few layers of poly...but I haven't done that yet.

One nice touch was that I rounded over all the corners with a router...so that there are no sharp edges.

Most reactions

Back