Baby Robin

airgunr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The Robins have nested twice in one of our planters. This little guy is from the second batch.

Baby_Robins_604.jpg

If only the camera had set its autofocus on the chick and not on the nest material...

Yah, I'm curious as to what it would have looked like if the chick and eggs were in the middle and had the focus. Still looks nice like that nonetheless

cowbert098 said:
very cute, nice job.

I hope the mother didn't attack you for taking a photo of her nest :lol:

Naw, I've been very scrupulous about not touching the nest. This is the second clutch of young and she doesn't seem particularly bothered by my photos. I do try to shoot very quickly, (hench the misfocus on the nesting material) while I'm balancing on a step ladder in the dirt of the wife's garden. The ladder would be much more stable if I could put a board down but then I'd trash some of her flowers and I know I'd pay dearly for that!

:roll:

Interesting shot - I love that some of the eggs are still unhatched

btw - something about your avatar and that photo makes me nervous....

My Avitar "Tigger" is only allowed to look at the photos, he's not allowed outside to "Meet and Greet" the little birdies. Although I know he'd love to get up close and personal with them! ;^D

Actually we have a good sized screened pourch with tons of bird feeders outside. He and his little sister "Trixie" spend endless hours trying to "Make Friends" with the birdies that come. The birds have gotten pretty used to them by now and for the most part ignore them unless they throw themselves at the screens (hence Tiggers slightly sullen look in the avitar).

Most reactions

Back