Baby Shots & Selective Coloring

twocolor

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.twocolorphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am often not a fan of selective coloring. I was specifically asked to do some on these pics because they will be used on a website for a business that makes and sells the bows, tutus, and jewelry. I did although put on some full color shots too. Ironically the business owner, favored the full color ones!

3424631973_b18d78803a.jpg

3424631821_17aee4a8a5.jpg

3424631751_292f52dd88.jpg

3424631655_906cbd481c.jpg

3424631571_680c86da35.jpg

3425439920_0b379b7949.jpg

3425439784_6a23e486fa.jpg

I too like the full color ones better, it seems more lively. Numbers 1 and 2 are great also. All of then are awesome :)

These should be full color or B&W. The selective color adds nothing. By making certain things in the photo pink, you are telling us that the bow in her hair or the tutu are the focal points....

These should be full color or B&W. The selective color adds nothing. By making certain things in the photo pink, you are telling us that the bow in her hair or the tutu are the focal points....

as I mentioned, the pics are for a website advertising the bow, the tutu and the jewlery. So, I selected a point of view that puts the bow as the focal point, and as requested by the client we did selective coloring. She didn't want the pics to be ALL about a pretty baby, she is selling bows, tutus and jewlery.

I really like number 4
and, i find it hard to believe people don't read introductions

very sweet!
What kind of lighting set up do you use?

The selective coloring isnt bad. I am not a big fan of it usually but it seems pretty subtle. I dont really think it makes the product stand out as a focal point but the customer gets what the customer wants.

I love the selective color. Nice and subtle, very good usage. I've seen some baaaad use of selective color, but these are great. I like them much better than the color versions. (Nice composition too :-D)

You're overanalyzing it.

Shot #3 with the shoes is really cute. Good job.

The selective coloring in 2 is great. Not overwhelming, not overdone.
I also like the SC in 3 as well. It's an artistic shot. One that they would use to sell a product? I'm not sure, but definitely a very neat picture.

The first 3 photos you posted are shadow free, the others have them with the color photos being more noticeable and distracting. Any PP to remove them? It'd be rather easy with the flat white background

I'm a big "non-fan" of selective coloring. That said, I think your use of it here is okay because the colors that you left are not overly done....not sure if you desaturated them a bit or what, but they are subtle enough to work.

However, you say this shoot was more for the bow, tutus, and jewelry and my problem is that the bow is overexposed in a lot of them. You can throw #1 out because you've lost almost all detail in the bow....#2 is better but again a no go because of the bow being overexposed.

#7 is your best exposed photo and best lighting (no blown highlights). Maybe try re-editing them all to match the exposure closer to #7 and regain some detail (if possible) in the accessories.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back