Baby Shower

Christina

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
One of my husbands friends who is pregnant has been letting me photograph her through out the pregnancy, along with a final shoot when she is term. Her baby shower is comming up quickly, and she asked me to be there to catch memories and asked how much i would charge. I was like "oh, i dont know, $50.00" since she was a very good friend of my husband, and the previous pictures were done to help me out.

she told me she was looking to pay me about $200.00 to do the baby shower.

I'm confused... i feel like that may be taking advantage of her... What is the going rate for something like that??

Offer to shoot for free and she can buy prints. That way if the shots are great she won't feel like she was taken advantage of. If it doesn't go well, you won't feel like you took advantage of her.

I assume, since she saw the ones you've already photographed through her pregnancy, that she really likes your style and feels that you are worth more than $50. I would take the money she offered.

If you don't know what to ask for, and tey offer you more than you initially thought... take it, and do your very best.

As always, do things that add value to any job you do. These things define you as a friend and a professional.

Under promise... over deliver is my life's business motto.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back