...back by popular demand...selective colour

Cappahayden

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
ahhh sarcasm. I haven't done much in the way of selective colour, however I was looking for comments / opinions on this one. I think it's one of the only one's I've held on to for some time, and am a little attached to....Am I nuts?

secolbat2b.jpg

Thanks for lookin'

it looks really good, the only thing that bothers me is the yellow house, and the house with the bit of green on the bottom. the others, even the red sort of blend in with the monotone look and the yellow and green really pop at me, maybe drop the saturation a bit? but i do like the overall look very nice shot.

Very nice looking photo. I'm not a big fan of completely black and white photos but I think it's cool how you can add emphasis where you want just by taking away the color from the background. I'll have to try this sometime...

Did anyone else notice how the snow caps on the rocks kind of resembles clouds floating overhead? Cool :D

I really like this shot!

great use of it too dude

where is that it looks so awesome!

Thanks everybody for the kind comments and suggestions. I will try a few to see what results I can come up with. Just to let you know I did not increase the saturation of any of the house colours, that's the way they are. The fence I never gave any thought to before, may try removing them to see. As for the location, it is a little place called "The Battery" just inside the entrance to the city of St. John's harbour, N.L. Canada. Thanks again all !

post the original, i bet it looks beter. isntead of totally black and white expect for selectevly colouring some, why not just desaturate the black and white parts, just not all the way?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back