Back from the New Mexico trip

Mitica100

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey y'all...

Fresh back from the NM trip which was somewhat of a success. :)

Visited the Carlsbad Caverns, did a wee of caving (just beginning amateur, you know... nothin' hard) and saw the flight of the bats in the evening, a most astounding spectacle.

Stopped by Roswell (site of a 1947 crash of a supposed UFO) and watched the new movie War of the Worlds, which absolutely r-o-c-k-s !!! Scored a nice 6x9 German rangefinder camera made by Rodenstock in 1932 (and named Clarovid), which is still working great save for the RF.

Stopped by Alamogordo and visited the White Sands Nat'l Monument:

laca.php

[Picture above was a 'quickie' done with the dig. camera, processed to BW in PS CS but I have two rolls of 6x6 BW waiting to be developed. :) ]

...and finally, missed TPF. :lol:

Sooo... I'm back!

Anything important that I have missed? Anyone got hitched, won the lottery, had a revelation? I wanna know... :lmao:

oops... Picture link shouldn't be there. Lemme try it again:

White-Sands-Web.jpg

Looks like you had a blast!! Welcome back! :)

::Holding my breath for the rest of the photographs.::

Awesome shot, Mitica! :D I'm with Dan, can't wait to see the rest of the shots.

The trip sounds like it was a blast. I like caving, too! :thumbup:

Welcome back!

Hate to dredge up an old thread, but anybody got any tips for Carlsbad Caverns? I haven't been there in years, but we're setting up for a trip in August, and I don't recall what the lighting levels were like. I'm planning to shoot some film, and maybe some digital, and curious what I should plan to take.

Hate to dredge up an old thread, but anybody got any tips for Carlsbad Caverns? I haven't been there in years, but we're setting up for a trip in August, and I don't recall what the lighting levels were like. I'm planning to shoot some film, and maybe some digital, and curious what I should plan to take.

Just one word: t-r-i-p-o-d :)

You'll be much happier with a tripod in your possession, trust me.

If you want to shoot the bats leaving the cave at 8pm, do not use flash or you'll have the camera taken away by the rangers.

If you want to shoot the bats leaving the cave at 8pm, do not use flash or you'll have the camera taken away by the rangers.

So, long exposure and let it pick up the flashes of the people with P&Ss that forget to turn theirs off? :D

In other words, save your flash for the aliens at Roswell... I KNOW THEY'RE THERE!!!!

welcome back!!!!!

there's no picture :(

Most reactions

Back