No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this EN
Website
www.lensmeister.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well I made it back ... just.

Vacations are susposed to be a relaxing thing right ?

Wrong ... kids were hyper 24/7, Wife moved from one illness to another, and I was rushed by ambulance to hospital. I woke last wednesday night with amazing stabbing pains in my back ... my left Kidney had a stone and I was rushed to Mercy Hospital in Hillcrest San Diego. They are wonderful and they sent me for a CT scan ..... the stone had gone and they were concerned about a "node on my Adrenal gland" which showed up, so when I got back I have to have more tests. Could be why I been feeling like a total plum for the past few months .... best get it sorted !

LA and San Diego was having one hell of a heatwave. Temps in the 90s most of the time so we all were downing loads of water. We did the usual tourist things, Santa Monica, Hollywood sign (thanks photogoddess :love: ), and also Universal studios. That I think was my sons best day. He's always loved the Blues Brothers film and wanted to watch the show there again. This time one of the actors came down and took him up on stage to dance ..... and he got a pair of original Blues brothers sunglasses to boot ... he was VERY pleased. Hollywood blvd and Manns theatre were vistied too.

Then we drove down to San Diego and stopped in La Jolla (La Hoya) for lunch before getting to Hotel Circle North and the Handlery Hotel.

We did all the tourist things here too but my wife's best friend lives there and they grew up together in London.

WEll she showed us some of the less well known places and I have loads of photos to share.

Mostly they are not materpieces but I like them. ... well it's late and I am dead tired from the trip and back to work so soon ...

well I have posted a few already ;) .... loads more to come . :)

My husband and I are spending 9 days just north of L.A., since we wanted to go up and down the coast, and the hotel is at a central location between the two points we chose (San Diego & Monterey). I'd be interested in learning of any off-the-beaten-path places that would be worth the trip to see. We've been there before, so we have an idea of where we want to go, but it's always good to get someone's opinion of places to avoid or see.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the pics you have to post. :)

Oh, and Get Well!!! It's not fun being sick on vacation.

Glad you're back and sorry the vacation wasn't as restful as you had hoped!

Oh no, sounds pretty hectic with the illnesses and hospital visit. But very cool for your son, getting asked up on stage like that. Look forward to seeing lots n lots of pics of that great trip.

carddesigner said:
My husband and I are spending 9 days just north of L.A., since we wanted to go up and down the coast, and the hotel is at a central location between the two points we chose (San Diego & Monterey). I'd be interested in learning of any off-the-beaten-path places that would be worth the trip to see. We've been there before, so we have an idea of where we want to go, but it's always good to get someone's opinion of places to avoid or see.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the pics you have to post. :)

Oh, and Get Well!!! It's not fun being sick on vacation.

If you can get down to San Diego I can recommend the Self Realization centre in Entacitas and a resturant called Robin's Nest at Ocenaside harbour.

In LA we visited a church called Saint Monicas which was the setting for a film staring Bing Crosby and it was nice there too.

La Jolla is Awesome ... loads of scenes to photo and the wild seals on the beach make interesting viewing.

If you go to San Diego itself then there are loads of places to visit. I love SD .. sooo laid back I love it !

If you are in LA and want to go to Hollywood Blvd, then just off Hollywood Blvd is Cherokee and a good clean and safe car park and a reasonable rate too. As I had two kids I wouldn't have put them in danger so I felt it was safe.

Lensmeister said:
If you can get down to San Diego I can recommend the Self Realization centre in Entacitas and a resturant called Robin's Nest at Ocenaside harbour.

Thanks for the ideas! I, too, love San Diego, and we plan on spending one or two days there. Good tip about LA, too. I'll bring this list with me and if we end up near any of those places, we might just check them out.

:)

I threw a kidney stone on vacation a couple of years ago. Took me three weeks to pass it. Your lucky it went quick. Hope all turns out well for you.

Bet you can't wait for your next vacation.

Most reactions

Back