Back into B+W Developing - T-Max Chemistry Longevity W/ Photo.

kamrawerk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi,
It was suggested I repost this in a new thread.

I have a dark brown 4L plastic storage jug almost full of working strength (4+1) TMax developer. It was mixed in 2017. Should I chuck it? It's been kept in the back of a dark closet all this time. I also have x2 full, unopened bottles of TMax concentrate with a brown hue. Some say add 50%-100% developing time to older developers. (see image)
I have a half brown stock bottle of Fix, mixed the same time.
Should I chuck that as well?

Hate tossing chems down the drain.

Thanks!

Attachments

• kodakTMaxDevel5x7.jpeg
    kodakTMaxDevel5x7.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:

jcdeboever

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
My experience is that Tmax developer doesn't last long. Drop a cut leader in it (glass jar) and see how long it takes to develop if it does at all. I only use it as one shot for pushing black & white film, mainly p3200. I haven't cared for it other than pushed film.

OP
kamrawerk

kamrawerk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
@jcdeboever

thanks! Yes, it's finished. I put a small cutting of TMax and HP5 and didn't even turn.

Last edited:

webestang64

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
T-Max is a liquid developer that will turn after it's expire date a lot faster than the powder counterparts. I tried using a brown tinted T-Max with a test roll and it did not work.

OP
kamrawerk

kamrawerk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
T-Max is a liquid developer that will turn after it's expire date a lot faster than the powder counterparts. I tried using a brown tinted T-Max with a test roll and it did not work.
Thanks, @webestang64

I dumped that working solution. I do have HC110? and D76 powder as well.. I've been out of the loop for a long time. I used to work as a draughtsman and darkroom copy photographer in the late 80's, I've gotten so rusty.
I'll just have to read through and see what everyone is using to date, these days.

jcdeboever

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Thanks, @webestang64

I dumped that working solution. I do have HC110? and D76 powder as well.. I've been out of the loop for a long time. I used to work as a draughtsman and darkroom copy photographer in the late 80's, I've gotten so rusty.
I'll just have to read through and see what everyone is using to date, these days.
I use HC110 the most because it is convenient, lasts forever, and very consistent results.

Most reactions