Reaction score
Website
www.raymondbarlow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
and a few short eared owl shots., and a sunset

1 first, a nearby Redtail Hawk

websz0015.jpg

2 It took me 15 minutes to get this close, and there is a heavy crop.

websz0016.jpg

3 Flight shots are so tough with such a small bird.

websz0018.jpg

websz0022.jpg

5 Hiking around in a sloppy hay field, soaked way past my ankles...
websz0026.jpg

6 fearless three-some

websz0025.jpg

7 when I opened these last 2 up, there was no doubt in my mind that this landscape crop was the shot, and after going back and forth a few times, I think I like the portrait crop best.

We were on our way home, at about 615 pm, after driving almost all day as we started out at 720 am, on a wild owl chase up north to Bobcaygeon. (750 kms, 3 hrs there, 3 hours back, 90 bucks in fuel.. a headache for Daisy, and not 1 shot)

A quick glance at the sunset, and seeing this redtail in the scene.. I hit the brakes, and backed up in a real hurry, as I knew the sun was seconds away from disappearing. It was just great luck to have the bird in view.

websz0023.jpg

websz0024.jpg

please let me know wish one of the sunsets you like best.

as always, thanks for looking!

crawdaddio

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Great shots as always. I prefer the first sunset shot also, great color and nice capture!

Arch

Damn You!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Great series raymond, they're real nice. I prefer the composition of the first sunset one, but the second has a nicer yellow tone i think..... i'm rubbish at decision makeing.... but i'll go with the first one, maybe with a touch more brightness/contrast. great shots tho :thumbup:

n2photos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Oh wow these are GREAT.

I really like number 4 and love both sunsets. I can't decide which I like better. Love them both.

Chiller

Mental case
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Great shots Sir Raymond. As for the sunset, I am having a hard time with that one, but Im leaning towards the first one.
If you head to Ottawa....a friend at work was telling me that Cornwall has a crow infestation. There are so many , they dont know what to do with them. Maybe you can catch one in a cemetery

Mohain

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.gtbphotography.com
Photos OK to edit
Great shots Raymond. Love the fearless threesome :) I prefer the colours of the first sunset but I can't decide which format I prefer. They're both great :)

JTHphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
great shots, ray, i think i prefer the first sunset shot also... the colors are a little more vibrant...

love your owl shots too. :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics