Back up your photos!

craig

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
craigblank.com
So I'm backing up the photos and I came across this one from May, 2003. The photo (now) really means a lot to me. Please, please let me know your thoughts.

hi craig, i can see why like this photo alot.

this is quite an unusual photo, what i love about it that it can be interpreted so many different ways. The silvery sphere seems to be moving away/towards the people in the reflection. For me it adds to the sense of urgency of photo - but the great thing is, that someone else can come away with an entirely different intepretation.

It looks like a camera shake here, but I actually like it in the this case because it adds to impact of the photo though others will probably disagree with me on that.

This definately one of more original photographs I've seen in quite a while. I hope we get to see more from your archive!

very interesting photograph .. b&w adds more character to it from where im sitting :D ... very mysterious looking to me .. im still unsure what it is .. im not sure if i want u to tell me

Thanks for the replies!!! This was shot on continuos mode under low light conditions. Basically no focus and lots of camera shake.

I have to admit that I am fond of shooting continuos without looking through the viewfinder. Especially at parties. Especially after everyone has had a couple of drinkie poos'. I have another color one that sort of gives the impression of what is going on. Let me know if I should post it.

please do! btw - I like your method... be nice to see more.

Thanks for the interest gang!!! Well, you asked for it. Comments please. Somehow these do not make the cut for me. Right now the whole deal is under no less than four feet of snow. Re shoot is out of the question until April at the earliest.

I like second colour one too, its got a unique sense of motion, i love the line streaks and that vivid purple colour. Was the first one done in black and white film or was it converted to b&w? just curious.

and thanks for sharing those too!

The photos were shot digital. The BW was a pshop conversion. Off the top of my head I think the exposure was near F11 at 1/15 shot with the D1. Cropped (slight) and toned only.

Overall a little less blurry and a greater DOF would have done the trick...

So only four feet of snow?? Don't you own a shovel or a snow blower or something...... get to work, we want to see another .. :twisted:

:gun:

I have a shovel thingy, but I try not to use it. The snow is the least of my worries. The only instructions that came with the "gazing ball" were: Do not leave out during the winter, ball may freeze and crack. Oops. Is -20 considered freezing?

Most reactions

Back