Backdrop Support...... Support lol

ajohnson15

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
flashphotography15.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I myself prefer to do more outdoor shooting cause I'm personally a fan of the limitless things you can do on location but I know there will come a time when basic photo shoots need to be done (ie: head shots, newborns, maternity, etc). I have been looking into purchasing a backdrop support system and some paper, muslin, vinyl, etc for it.

Now I've looked all through amazon, adaroma, b&h, & ebay and can't quite decide which to purchase as a backdrop support system.

My ideal system is something sturdy, somewhat small, durable, lightweight for travel. I've noticed that cowboy studio has well priced systems but I've made purchases from them that have left a bad taste in my mouth, so I really want to stay away from them.

So any suggestions or advice would be very much appreciated.

Thank You.

Manfrotto autopoles, with the accessory "tripod leg" stabilizers, and their cross-poles and the expan drive set are pretty good as far as lasting, and being usable in a lot of different types of scenarios. I have velcro glued to the cross-poles for attaching lightweight fabric, but can also use 9 foot seamless rolls. The auto-poles will go between floor and ceiling in most normal rooms; in larger, high-ceiling places, or for riskier setups, using the "tripod base" stabilizing feet is a good idea.

This might weigh more than you want, but then again, this isn't cowboy studio type stuff. Used auto pole sets are around $95-$100 in my area, without cross-bars. I bought mine used, and they've held up well for years.

For use in a semi-permanent studio, I LOVE the autopoles and the entire system. You can have three backdrops instantly ready for lowering/raising, and with a bit of practice, you can set them up alone.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back