Backfocusing D90

SrBiscuit

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone...
Packed up my D90 to be sent out for a checkup.
It seems to be backfocusing a LOT (and I've missed one too many good shots because of it). Initially I had heard that this was, more often than not, a function of the lens...but after testing it on 3 of my lenses, I am thinking it must be the body. I've found a couple DIYs online to adjust it, but since I'm under warranty I may as well send it out for inspection.

Just posting up to see if anyone else has has a D90 (or any body for that matter) that seemed to be plagued with a focus issue.

I busted out ol' reliable and will be able to survive whilst my sweetie is away getting inspected lol.

Really hoping they can remedy this at Nikon. I purchased the body in March, and it was a refurb from Cameta with (i think) ~600 shots on it.
TBH I've never been 100% thrilled with its performance focus-wise, so I'm counting on this service to take care of it and I can fall in love with it.

I feel like I've had the same issue, but only with my 85 f1.4. I'm pretty sure it's just my errors and not the lens or body though.

What lens do you use. Are you shooting at F1.4 to F2.8 on all of them?

I would normally assume it's me too...who knows...maybe it is, and I'll just get a good cleaning out of this. lol
But I KNOW I'm putting the focal point on the eyes...IDK...I'm shooting up into the 4.5 range too and I get the same issue.

As an example, I was taking a picture of my kid on the front porch...focal point on his face...snapped the shot...checked the preview, and the column behind him was razor sharp. That's the **** that irritates me to no end. I suppose it COULD have been me...hell though, I feel comfortable enough with my equipment and my skillset that I should be able to nail a focus...good lord...maybe I should take up knitting. lol

Now that I'm back on the D1x...ZERO instances of missed focus. Oi.

Most reactions

Back