background for friends computer

xfloggingkylex

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
my friend wanted a picture of his R6, and I had just gotten my telephoto lens and wanted to take it out, so we ran a few runs to finally get a picture for the background on his computer.

GetLow.jpg

You should probably do a panning shot instead. Make the BG less cluttered in the photo.

he wanted something that shows him leaning into the turn, and a side panning shot wouldn't accomplish that. Also these were some of the more twisty roads in my area, and you dont get to lean without turns.

I plan to do more shots and will definitely take your suggestion of panning and a better background, but this shot is more of what he was looking for.

It was pretty cool producing a picture that someone wanted. Normally I shoot with my own goals in mind, this time I was trying to get the shot that HE wanted.

And yeah, this underexposed (I hadn't started shooting raw yet, I currently am trying to do mostly RAW now) so I had to lighten everything up in GIMP, but couldn't do it too much without ruining the shadows.

Works pretty well as a background, which was the intention all along.

Thanks for looking.

I don't mind the background... it gives it kind of a rustic/wild-and-free feeling. Nice work

I like the background ,like the "pose" ... however, to me it seems pretty dark. not much structure in the dark parts of the biker and the bike.

do you also have a crop where the bike is not centred but more to the left? he then would be leaning into the empty space

yeah I agree with Alex, Have him so that he's not centred in the frame and it would be awesome. The position you were in for that shot, was still good, I would just try and get more of the road in the frame and put him out to the edge a bit more.

Go yell at him and tell him to get his arse out of the seat for your next photo :mrgreen:

If you are going out to do it again, I find that being on the inside of the corner and getting a 3/4 front shot does really well. You get the focus on their face as they are looking through the corner as well as the bike leaning over. I can try to find a shot of showing this if you dont understand my ramblings. :)

Also I've seen a couple of cool shots that have been early dawn photos with a sort of silloutte of the bike and the rider and you see the twisty road down the mountain.

Hope you are on a bike yourself up there :mrgreen:

elle, and example shot would really help, thanks. I appriciate all the help.

Alex, yes the shot is dark, and believe it or not that has had a levels adjustment. I didnt want to do any more because the noise in the shadows starts to become apparent. This was just a lucky shot that I got off, and as i said I hadn't started shooting RAW yet so there wasnt much hope.

I do plan on trying this one again, and I'll meter better and perhaps try to find a twisty road with a less distracting background.

As for the crop, I did think of cropping. Since its a background I need to flip the image though to keep the open space on the left for icons.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. This wasn't planned very well. We were both just hitting some backroads and I decided this road was tight enough to try a shot, pulled over and got the camera out and had him roll through.

Whenever I take a second try I'll make sure to post it up.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back