Background opinions

Rhys

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm largely an event photographer with no real use for a studio (although there is one I can hire) so I have a portable studio on the offchance it's needed. I did have 2 x mogul hotlight heads and 4 x edison lamp heads plus some shoot-through umbrellas - which I sold today. In a year I hadn't used them so I just offloaded them to a camera club member.

My big question though - I have an impact background stand and 2x cloth backdrops. again I haven't used them in a year. I might need a portable backdrop sometime though. Thus - should I offload the background stand and cloth backdrops and replace them with a pair of Botero type backgrounds and a stand? I feel that they would be lighter and would take up less space.

If you haven't used it in over a year, the fact that they are bulkier and take up more space is really a moot point. Why spend money to solve a problem that only bothers you one or twice every few years? I'd stick with what you have, as you many never use them again anyway, and spend the money on items you need more and will use much more often.

Both of you have merit in what you say. Ideally I'd like to have something that takes up minimum space.

I think I should get some practice in with my Chroma blue background in order that if I replace my background stuff with a Botero chroma blue I can put the right background in electronically later, with some expertise.

I think replacement is a good idea but I think I shall err on the side of economy and caution by keeping what I have for the moment - even though the overflowing closet drives my wife bananas.

Most reactions

Back