Backlighting

angela_cheryl_7359

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A friend sent me this picture because there were two lanterns in the background (on the walls) that she wanted removed. No problem. But I noticed that, through the open door, there's too much light (Notice how it's reflecting off the bald man's head). Can anyone help?

17351_1213573817842_1183697770_30575167_7627315_n.jpg

Thanks so much!

You are kind of stuck.
The photo started off to dark and the exposure has been increased so you can see their faces better. If you reduce it their faces get to dark.

The easiest thing I can suggest given that she's unlikely to be able to arrange a reshoot, is to use the shadows/highlights tool in something like Photoshop - leave the shadows control at 0 and move the highlights slider up to reduce the effect of the backlighting. That shouldn't have too much effect on the foreground.

It looks like there may have been some fill-in flash going on when the photo was taken, so if it were going to be done again, I'd suggest that a more powerful flash setting be used, along with a smaller aperture and perhaps a lower ISO setting if available.

Thanks so much! I will definately try that, Chris. No re-shoot available, I didn't even take the original, as I've said. Also, is the noise as noticeable to everyone else as it is to me? She only used a littlle digi (my term for a non-professional digital camera. lol) so it's bound to have some problems. Also, feedback on the object removal???

This is about the best I can manage with an image that size. It would be rather easier on the 'real' original straight out of the camera. The main things I've done are:

1. Crop to size
  2. Reduced the highlights by about 25%
  3. Boosted the saturation by about 3-4%
  4. Cloned out the lamps on the wall (not too cleanly due to the image size)
  5. Apply some unsharp mask
I didn't do anything about the noise, as it was having a damaging effect on an image this small.

4244868142_2cafb0848c_o.jpg

Sorry I tried to help but the Brightness is Too much in the photo
There is one more Soluotion to change the backGround of the Window with anythings
this is my Editing i wish you like it.

123hb.jpg

as you can see i add a Black Fram so it will Kill the Brihtnees littil bit
Improved the Coloring more into Realastic.

sorry for my Bad English Language

Doesn't TPF having a rule about posting images you don't own copyright to, but that linking to them is ok?

Doesn't TPF having a rule about posting images you don't own copyright to, but that linking to them is ok?

Well, she sent it to me to fix up. I'm pretty sure this means I can post it. Sorry if I broke any rules. :confused:

Here it is:

The Photo Forum - Photography Discussion Forum - FAQ

* You agree to only post images and/or other material to which you have exclusive copyright, or permission from the copyright holder that you are able to present to TPF Staff. Under no circumstances will any instance of copyright infringement be tolerated.

Most photography forums have something like this somewhere, I think. It protects the forum owners from being sued?

29ok1ld.jpg

I chose the skin parts and used curves to lighten them and desaturated the whole picture a bit + saturated the clothings and reduced noise a bit with selective gaussian blur (kept their eyes, noses and mouths normal)...

I don't really know how to explain what I did or how I did it but I hope this looks good and... yeah ;D

I'm not so good at removing objects so I didn't even try. It's almost tre o'clock and I'm gonna need some sleep soon ;D

29ok1ld.jpg

I chose the skin parts and used curves to lighten them and desaturated the whole picture a bit + saturated the clothings and reduced noise a bit with selective gaussian blur (kept their eyes, noses and mouths normal)...

I don't really know how to explain what I did or how I did it but I hope this looks good and... yeah ;D

I'm not so good at removing objects so I didn't even try. It's almost tre o'clock and I'm gonna need some sleep soon ;D

Wow. FABULOUS job! Thanks for the tips!

As you can see, I was able to reduce that harsh white light. I also found a way to eliminate the reflections on the faces. Finally, I took the liberty of giving the man in the center a bit more hair.

4248152989_4e692083ba_o.jpg

As you can see, I was able to reduce that harsh white light. I also found a way to eliminate the reflections on the faces. Finally, I took the liberty of giving the man in the center a bit more hair.

4248152989_4e692083ba_o.jpg

Wah HAHAHAHAHAHA, Ha, HAHAHAhA. Wow, this made my day!

Most reactions

Back