Backpack for camcorder & manfrotto 755xb tripod?

Vakharn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I may be looking for something that doesn't exist, but what I want is a sturdy backpack with comfortable shoulder straps which can be worn all day which can carry a small consumer camcorder with a moderate amount of accessories (a Canon HG20 specifically) as well as a somewhat large tripod (Manfrotto 755xb).

For those not familiar with the dimensions the tripod (with 701HDV head) is 29" long and weighs about 9 pounds, so it would require a fairly substantial backpack to carry it on/in comfortably, but the camera itself is very small. At the moment I carry it and all the accessories in a lowepro edit 120 bag, though since I got an external mic I need something a bit bigger than that, preferably with room to expand.

The issue is, all the bags I've seen that look big enough for the tripod to be slung from them comfortably are far bigger than what I need for the camera, and quite expensive. So, does anyone have a recommendation of a moderately sized backpack which can handle having a 9 pound 29" tripod slung from it (or inside it) and be carried in decent comfort for several hours? I'm thinking something tall and slim would probably be best, given my relatively modest internal space needs.

Hi you can see Petrol Bags backpack PC300. It can contain the camera (is this Canon HG20?), accessories and small tripod. you can see the bag on the company's website

Chech our the lowepro slingshot 202 or 302. Very comfortable with a tripod holster on the side. And its a actual camera bag.

If they arent big enough Dakaine make Full back pack with exterior adustable mounts for carring snowshoes, snowboards etc

Most reactions

New Topics

Back