Backpacking Bag

jmtonkin

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone,

I'm planning on going on a backpacking trip next summer, and I need some recommendations. I need a bag that I can use for my camera, but also for backpacking equipment. I've done some looking on the internet, but I've not really found anything. Do any of you have suggestions?

I cant suggest a bag for backpacking but i can suggest a site that might help. I have the aw400 flip side from them and i love it.

Check out Lowepro | Camera bags, backpacks, and rolling cases they have a good selection and the quality is great.

If you find a bag that fits your need from the site search for it on ebay you might be able to save a few bucks.

That DryZone backpack on that website looks pretty cool. Most of those backpacks though are designed specifically for camera equipment, and not just hitchhiking or hiking in general - like survival stuff if needed. Looks cool though. I kinda stumbled across this thread in hopes that I could find something like what you are looking for. I plan on taking my camera with me while I travel across the US in a few years.

Is it a backpacking trip for the purpose of photography, or are you going on a long distance backpacking trip and want to take occasional pictures of your friends and the scenery? If it's the former, then I can understand something like what you're looking at, but if it's the latter, there's no way I'd want to lug around a whole bunch of equipment. I'd rather just carry a good quality P&S. Or even a mediocre one -- I got great landscape shots while backpacking in New Zealand with a Canon A590.

What kind of photography gears are you planning to bring along? (Camera body, lenses, flash, tripod etc)

From your signature, you have one body, one lens and one flash. For that, I will put the camera body with lens in a small DSLR bag that fit just the body with lens. And then a separate padded pouch for the flash. After that you can put them into whatever hiking backpack you have.

Most reactions

Back