Backstreets Nova Scotia

Garrentee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Heading to Nova Scotia in a month or so...

I know the basics on what i want to photograph..ie. cape breton island, lunenburgh, bay of fundy, halifax, yarmouth and some others...

Want I really wanna know is some of the hidden secret spots...lighthouses, secret paths, beaches and all around things you wont read about in books!

Im mainly a landscape photographer if that helps and will be bringing a basic package (rebel xt, sigma 28/70, sigma 75/300).

Thanks all!!
garrentee

I have driven all over Nova Scotia and you won't be disapointed where ever you decide to go. I have no particular spots in mind for you as I enjoyed wandering as many back roads and small towns as I had time for.

So, my suggestions are take the time to hit all the side roads to even smaller towns that you can off the defined "trails & routes", visit these websites for more information:
http://novascotia.com/en/home/default.aspx
http://www.gov.ns.ca/

Also, google the names of some of the towns as many have their own websites with good information. Most of these small towns have festivals, celebrating their heritage or other events, throughout the year as well so you can stumble upon some fun times.

Have fun!

JC, thanks so much!!!

I have checked out those sites and got a lot of info from them...i figured just driving around would get me some great shots and a great trip!!

still open to anyone who has any hidden gems that i could check out...

thanks again JC
garrentee

Peggy's cove and light are popular, if you are coming in from the south just before you turn off to get to the cove there are some "trails" that lead you to the ocean, it is a different vantage point on the light and town and a nice spot to relax and picnic from the busy lighthouse area, there is no real parking area from what I remember so I just parked on the side of the road, lots of blueberrys to pick there if in season.

Chester and Mahone Bay are worth some time as well. Farther up the coast, Sherbrooke and and Fishermans Harbour and on the Cape, St. Margaret Villiage.

Ohh, a visitor to my fair province!

You might try the Fortress of Louisbourg. It's an historical site, and has some very good looking buildings, old-fashioned costumes and demonstrations, etc.

Pictou is a cute little town, too. Again, some nice historical stuff.

And the Annapolis Valley is gorgeous, too. All these places are pretty spread out, so you have some options depending on where you want to drive.

I am also from NS, and it's a photographers paradise IMHO :) You MUST go to Bear River...it's village on stilts. Really different and intriguing. A few faves of mine: Mahone Bay,Chester, Petite Riviere, Kejimkujik National Park, The Ovens (Beautiful!!). Have a great trip!

JC, thanks again man!!! I will check out those places...sounds like that peggys cove spot is the place!!

Daimeera im on my way in may!! Ive read all about the fortress and and cant wait to shoot it!!! we are also taking a kayak tour through fundy bay. we are going for 2 weeks so we will be able to get around and see most everything...thanks again

garrentee

Most reactions

New Topics

Back