Backyard Birds

SCraig

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
sc-photo-tn.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Sometimes just shooting birds from my deck works as well as going somewhere specifically to shoot them. A gorgeous evening here today and I sat on the deck for an hour or so just watching them flitter around and chase each other.

Carolina Wren
2013-04-12-05.jpg

Yellow Warbler
2013-04-12-07.jpg

American Tree Sparrow
2013-04-12-02.jpg

The last one is a little soft because I played with the autofocus fine tune on that lens last weekend. The way I had it set did NOT work and it took me a while to remember what I had done and disable it. Once I did everything went back to normal.

Very Nice and cute little birds.They all look great to me.

Scott, nice shots. I like the second one best of the three.

WesternGuy

Scott, nice shots. I like the second one best of the three.

WesternGuy

Thanks! I'm kind of partial to that one as well, but primarily because I've never seen (or perhaps just never noticed) a solid yellow bird around here other than Goldfinches.

I actually like the last one best...the composition isn't the typical shot you'd normally expect. Nicely done.

I can't wait for it to get warmer out so I can try to take some shots of some birds. Walking through the woods today all I could hear was the occasional crow. Those are some really nice shots were you holding the camera or was it on a tripod?

I actually like the last one best...the composition isn't the typical shot you'd normally expect. Nicely done.
Ha! I wondered if anyone would notice that. Yeah, he's on the left of center and looking left but I liked the angle of the tree limb in the foreground and the touch of yellow at the right. Further left was a tree trunk that looked terrible so that's the way I cropped it. Thanks for noticing ;)

I can't wait for it to get warmer out so I can try to take some shots of some birds. Walking through the woods today all I could hear was the occasional crow. Those are some really nice shots were you holding the camera or was it on a tripod?

We've had an odd late winter / early spring as well. The temperature has been up and down like a yo-yo but hopefully it's going to stabilize now. It's been a long winter for me and I'm ready for it to be over and done with.

Glad you like the shots. They were shot using a tripod and my Sigma 150-500mm lens.

Most reactions

Back