Backyard Buddies

Excellent set. You're lucky to have such a great variety of birds in your yard.

Thanks BlackSheep and ScubaDude. I do feel very fortunate to have so many birds and such a variety.

Here's a few from the past few days.......
Oriel-47-XL.jpg

Unknown-56-2-XL.jpg

Backyard-Buddies-50-XL.jpg

One of Gabby since she has become quite the squirrel chaser. She has been only watching the birds though.
Gabby-38-2-XL.jpg

Thanks for looking.

The SHOCK The HORROR The SKEWED RATIO of views to replies

Cardinal-male-385-XL.jpg

Could it be this thread has gone a little flat?

Squirrel-Flat-Out-14-2-XL.jpg

Where's the love? :hugs:

UPDATE on the PECKER HEADS:

It seems all the woodpeckers here exhibit very peculiar behaviors before actually making it to the feeders. Caution is their watchword.

It appears the Red-headed Woodpecker is the least frequent visitor to my backyard. Fortunately, I do see it a couple of times each week, but it is sporadic at best.

The Northern Flickers are definitely a pair and I do believe there is a juvenile in the mix. I've seen three at the same time (in separate trees) and one was feeding another after it had a spent some time at the suet feeder. Since they have been the hardest to photograph, they have been the most sought after. I have finally gotten a few shots that are actually identifiable. The only thing is that I never thought about looking on the ground, my eyes had always been focused up in the trees. Go figure.

In profile
Northern-Flicker-70-XL.jpg

The red Vee on the back of its head
Northern-Flicker-72-XL.jpg

Headshot
Northern-Flicker-79a-XL.jpg

I want to show this image for the following reasons:
1) The white patch of feathers on the backside are indicative of the woodpeckers here
2) They take off fast or is it that I am too slow
3) I like the abstractness

Northern-Flicker-Fly-Away-78-XL.jpg

BTW, I'm just gonna entertain myself in this thread. At my age, I have plenty of experience with that. :lmao:

Most reactions

Back