Backyard flowers

Sand_On_The_Breeze

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
A bit late for posting flower pics, but the flowers in my backyard are just starting to bloom now. Comments and suggestions welcomed. Thanks for looking.

Bleeding Heart
16114193_bd67e61ef1_o.jpg

Dahlia
16061521_7e4db5e1fa_o.jpg

16061520_ea312be5f4_o.jpg

Columbine
16115679_f7ca38e87b_o.jpg

Great tones in the second shot, I bet it would be killier in black and white. Nice work.

Thanks for the nice comments.

I've been thinking of practicing some black and white conversions, but I'm not sure of an effective method, anybody know of a good tutorial?

Why do you say it is "too late for flower photos"? In my eyes, it can never be too late for flowers. And in our garden many flowers only now begin to blossom. Took tons of photos of my irises these days (but am unsure about whether to post them here or not - since they are "only more flowers"............ :roll: )

I guess it's never too late for flowers, but so many flower photos have already been posted this spring on this board.

It`s because spring finally brings back all those colours, and when they are back, we can`t keep our itching hands still.... ;)

really nice pictures :) Here almost all the flowers are down, now it is "summer" time.. a bit early but we can do anything to stop this process.

Great shots . I like the last one best

Woah! Don't tell me all of these were taken in your backyard! o.o Those flowers are extremely beautiful. I love your photography work.

Sand_On_The_Breeze said:
Columbine
16115679_f7ca38e87b_o.jpg

Since you seem to know all your flowers by name, would you say that this one here is a columbine, too? It grows in the way of a weed in amongst my lilies-of-the-valley but I thought "hey, what a very pretty weed" and took its picture (itching fingers, you see?), but I did not know until now what "my pretty weed" was. Is it a columbine, what would you say (and sorry for thus "hijacking" your thread, it's just that the question is coming to me NOW and HERE):

AkeleiMaiglckchen2_websize.jpg

Akelei6_websize.jpg

Akelei4.jpg

Thanks everyone for the nice words. My parents actually told me all the names, I only know a few of them.

LaFoto, the pics you posted are definitely of a columbine flower. I have more that haven't flowered yet, for some reason the darker coloured ones flowered first.

Thank you, so at last I know what "pretty weed" is growing in our front garden in amongst the patch of lily-of-the-valley :). And there is only this one flower. Only one, only there, no where else in our garden. Funny that...!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back