Bacon Causes Cancer

Bacon cause death of billions and billions of little babe it's only fair that it cause cancer to human...
On the other hand coconut bacon is delicious and healthy ;)

Bacon cause death of billions and billions of little babe it's only fair that it cause cancer to human...
I've always wanted to try that--could never find it around me. I'll have to buy it online.

That said, I'm a vegetarian, so I'm guessing you're a similar vegetarian/vegan?

I've always wanted to try that--could never find it around me. I'll have to buy it online.

That said, I'm a vegetarian, so I'm guessing you're a similar vegetarian/vegan?

Yes I'm vegetarian (I've been vegan for a little time before I loose it and stuff myself with so much cheese that I'm now questionning my sanity now i'm picking the vegan option over the vegetarian, but will eat cheese or eggs without guilt on the weekend, especially with family and friends)

You usually can find that type of bacon in small vegan groceries. Or you can make it yourself, not hard at all!

3 1/2 cups coconut flakes (available at Whole Foods in the baking aisle)
2 tablespoons maple syrup
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon vegetarian worcestershire
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon liquid smoke (only of you don't smoke the coconut on the grill top)
Source: The Chubby Vegetarian: Smoked Coconut Bacon + 3 Quick Questions with Chef Jesse Kimball

Yes I'm vegetarian (I've been vegan for a little time before I loose it and stuff myself with so much cheese that I'm now questionning my sanity now i'm picking the vegan option over the vegetarian, but will eat cheese or eggs without guilt on the weekend, especially with family and friends)

You usually can find that type of bacon in small vegan groceries. Or you can make it yourself, not hard at all!

3 1/2 cups coconut flakes (available at Whole Foods in the baking aisle)
2 tablespoons maple syrup
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon vegetarian worcestershire
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon liquid smoke (only of you don't smoke the coconut on the grill top)
Source: The Chubby Vegetarian: Smoked Coconut Bacon + 3 Quick Questions with Chef Jesse Kimball
Thanks for the recipe! I'll have to try this soon.

No Whole Foods around me, unfortunately. Miss it, along with Trader Joe's. I've found vegetarian Worcestershire sauce to be hard to find, but I have found it at my local supermarket.

I've often wondered if coconut harvested by monkeys could be considered vegan, but that may be a discussion for another thread.

What I gleaned from the article is that you would have to eat a certain amount of bacon every day to feel these effects. I don't know anyone who just craves pork daily.

It's seems to be a hyperbolic deduction.

Research: "If you drink drink 2 gallons of water in one sitting you will die."

Headline: "Drinking Water Can Kill You"

Last edited:
What I gleaned from the article is that you would have to eat a certain amount of bacon every day to feel these effects. I don't know anyone who just craves pork daily.

Yeah, that dihydrogen monoxide is something to keep a keen eye on... fortunately, we don't ever really drink enough of it in one sitting to be harmful*. In addition, water in and of itself is not toxic and is required to keep us alive. Of course anything in excess is harmful.

It's not a 'hyperbolic' deduction at all. If something is known to be carcinogenic to humans, it should absolutely be publicized. Unfortunately, I don't think anyone expects people to just stop eating bacon. Similar items on the list that people still knowingly partake in order to keep their normal way of life (despite the dangers): alcoholic beverages, tobacco, sun exposure, and breathing polluted air.

*Aside from those parents that torture their kids or those drinking contests which are just plain asinine.

Yeah, that dihydrogen monoxide is something to keep a keen eye on... fortunately, we don't ever really drink enough of it in one sitting to be harmful*. In addition, water in and of itself is not toxic and is required to keep us alive. Of course anything in excess is harmful.

It's not a 'hyperbolic' deduction at all. If something is known to be carcinogenic to humans, it should absolutely be publicized. Unfortunately, I don't think anyone expects people to just stop eating bacon. Similar items on the list that people still knowingly partake in order to keep their normal way of life (despite the dangers): alcoholic beverages, tobacco, sun exposure, and breathing polluted air.

*Aside from those parents that torture their kids or those drinking contests which are just plain asinine.

The headline does not even attempt to put the research in context.

Reading deeper into it, if you factor in the already existing risk of cancer, then add the relative risk of eating bacon, your chances of getting cancer increase from 5 percent to 6 percent. And that's if you eat it every day.

Last edited:
The headline does not even attempt to put the research in context.
Yeah, headlines rarely put the article into context. It's just there to draw you in. :confused:

Reading deeper into it, if you factor in the already existing risk of cancer, then add the relative risk of eating bacon, your chances of getting cancer increase from 5 percent to 6 percent. And that's if you eat it every day.
I don't know the data or calculations well enough (much to the chagrin of my former professors, haha) to know what kind of increase from normal would be in this case, but I'm assuming it would be of the 'non-significant' variety. Otherwise, it'd be much more publicized.

Something really horrible happened this morning.

For breakfast

I had BACON !!

the worst part is ..

I LIKED IT !!!

I think I'm going to go to one of those rehab places now ... but
I wonder what they serve for breakfast ??

Something really horrible happened this morning.

For breakfast

I had BACON !!

the worst part is ..

I LIKED IT !!!

I think I'm going to go to one of those rehab places now ... but
I wonder what they serve for breakfast ??
Me too. Think, juicy goodness! The poached eggs and warm Texas Toast weren't bad either. Oh, and Seattle's Best dark roast with Italian sweet creme. Life is grand[emoji4]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back