Bacon Shortage

Yeah - it's a haul. I'll PM the recipe </hijack>

^^^^ Sounds good!! Thankie

I wouldn't worry Mishele. I hear pink slime is cheap these days...a little dehydration and some bacon salt....bingo!

On that note...don't know if you guys heard about he cattle food shortage..? Hard to miss it in the news these days. But I've read a couple articles about what they ARE feeding them...cookies, gummie worms, ice cream sprinkles, etc, etc, etc. I strongly advise all the people I like on here ;) to stay as far away from feedlot beef as humanly possible for the next YEAR...shop farms, natural food stores, etc. Damn I wish I was back in CA with the grass fed beef...!!

Quick google search gives this article:
http://news.yahoo.com/sweet-times-cows-gummy-worms-replace-costly-corn-121437982.html

Oh.My.Gawd! Now, if this shortage does come to pass, and they come for my bacon, I can assure you---The only way they'll take my bacon away from me is if they slap me on the back of the hand and it'll fall out of my greasy, bacon-fat-covered hands!

On that note...don't know if you guys heard about he cattle food shortage..? Hard to miss it in the news these days. But I've read a couple articles about what they ARE feeding them...cookies, gummie worms, ice cream sprinkles, etc, etc, etc. I strongly advise all the people I like on here ;) to stay as far away from feedlot beef as humanly possible for the next YEAR...shop farms, natural food stores, etc. Damn I wish I was back in CA with the grass fed beef...!!

Sweet times for cows as gummy worms replace costly corn feed - Yahoo! News
Ice cream sprinkles? lol Come on!!

Sweet times for cows as gummy worms replace costly corn feed - Yahoo! News

It's too expensive for me lol.

I just checked the hog pen and I assure you there is no bacon shortage. There are 6 Hamps trotting around out there as I type this. There is still the best part of a pig I had processed this summer at the locker plant and quite a bit of bacon in the freezer. Most assuredly not a shortage! I don't know CBS is getting their info at, but their S2 is definitely bad! A bacon shortage for city folks maybe , not for country folks.

Most reactions

Back