Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Bad Attack of GAS
Hoping a few days without taking pictures will cure it.

I stopped by a friend's house to work with him on a bit of editing on his Cuba pictures and go to lunch. He had his camera equipment laid out on a sofa in his office for checking on batteries, etc. (We are going to Iceland next week.)

Besides a Nikon array he has 3 sony bodies ( 2 FF) and four lenses. His new acquisitions are the 28 and 85 Zeiss Otus lenses. What jewels these are, exquisite feel to focus ring, digital DOF gauge. Altho he has been my best friend for years, there was a temptation to give him a sharp rap on the head with a nearby tripod and take the lenses.

He is bringing them along to Iceland.

(Under my breath, I am repeating 'they are heavy' every 20 seconds until I convince myself.)

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind but those lenses are useless

An 85mm Zeiss sounds like it would be a pretty sweet addition to the tickle-trunk to me!

Hmmm, I am afraid your friend is not coming back from Iceland, there are some really dangerous terrains over there...
In the meantime to keep your GAS at bay I can highly recommend a Tenba DNA Messenger bag for travel. I just bought one, very very good.

:bouncingsmileys:Actually, I want to put a Sony FE body + two lenses and an M4/3 body with two lenses
Are we talking Model 15?

edit
Actually I just bought it.

Last edited:
:bouncingsmileys:Actually, I want to put a Sony FE body + two lenses and an M4/3 body with two lenses
Are we talking Model 15?

edit
Actually I just bought it.

GAS neutralized!

My old messenger bad, with a badly fitting insert, just wasn't doing the job.
I've given my other bags away and I'm going to Iceland next Friday so I really, really need a bag.
The videos were great and I can justify it.

So there.

So which model did either/both of you buy? I've been looking at Tenba bags lately. I really like the way they look, but I'm having a hard time narrowing down the choices.

I bought the 15 because, when I fly, I will be carrying on Sony body, two lenses, an Olympus body, 2 lenses plus all the unreplaceable extras - charger, toiletries, pills.
Additionally, if there is room, a change of scanties and a clean t shirt.
To me, nothing is better, if there is a long unexpected delay in a trip, to wash up, brush teeth and change what is sweaty and smelly.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back