Bad Day....

LittleMan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.sorberaguitars.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was looking back through some of my old photos.... and remembered this day.... :confused:
ouch3.jpg

Yes, that is a Porsche 944 Turbo...
We were out for a drive in the hill country with some friends of ours and decided to go down a farm road(didn't look like it wasn't paved on the map) We went a little ways... just normal dirt roads.(a normal thing in Texas)
Then it started to get a little rocky.... no big deal... because we were following a guy who "knew where he was going"
so, we went up a little hill where after we got up we COULD NOT go back without really messing up the car.
So, we decided to just press on through the road and get through it.(the road was a loop.... a detour)
It didn't look all that bad like I was saying..... but it started to get worse and worse untill we were dropping down ledges that were 1-2 feet down and piling rocks to be able to get down some of the ledges. It was turning into a nightmare... it really was. (me being the photographer... I was too amazed at the pictures I was getting to be concerned about the car:lmao:) My dad who was driving the car.... which was his baby.... was REALLY stressed out... no... he was all out MAD.
Anyways... after crossing two streams and had our fun off roading in a 944 that's less than 2 inches off the ground...... 4 miles later..... We finally got off the road and back on pavement....

I'll tell you... the guy who led us down that road wasn't exactly glad he was there that day...;)

All in all it was a crazy day...:meh:

just thought I would share that with y'all! :lmao:

sad to hear that happeneing to such a nice car... my dad and I were really close to getting a red 1988 944 turbo-S for a car we could share and drive mainly on a road course but we ended up passing unfortunately...

for what it's worth, that's a cool shot though! :)

Sounds like you needed a Porsche 94x4 Turbo... ;)

robhesketh said:
It's like my car!!

porsche1.jpg
What year is that? I don't recognise the front end... Is it Euro Spec?

ours is an 87..... well... we got rid of it a while back, and got a Boxster. Then we got rid of it and we are going to probably get an old mustang here pretty soon. :)

photo gal said:
Funny story : )) Thanks for sharing that, I got a good giggle out of it... Glad everything turned out ok!
Yeah, I think part of being a photographer is "being able to tell a good story with your picture!" :D

Got any closeup pictures of the damage?

I bet your father was glad to hear that, well see that. :0)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back