Bad Eyes

How are your eyes?

• My eyes are naturally perfect

Votes: 14 25.5%
  • I wear corrective lenses

Votes: 41 74.5%

• Total voters
Diopter adjustments...

I find it very hard to figure out where to set it...

It seems like no matter where I set it, I can focus on the focusing screen and everything looks fine. I usually just put it in the middle, because there is no clear difference between 'right' and 'wrong'... I can set it anywhere, take my eye away, put it back - and it looks fine.

Anyone else know what I'm talking about?

(I can focus on it, even if it's 'wrong'. So how do you know where to set it?)

Last edited:
I wore glasses for the first time when I was 16 (that's about 1,000 years ago!). Astigmatism plus myopia. I can now take off my glasses and read comfortably -- and that means I can see clearly through the diopter without glasses. But the minute I take my eye off the diopter, I can see only blurry things in the distance. I have contemplated getting the frames with individually articulated lenses (you can lift the lens of your scoping eye and keep the other lowered in place so that you can see in the distance) but the price is a bit stiff for my budget right now. So, I've got to manage as always. I really envy people who don't have to wear glasses.

I've been wearing glasses since 4th grade. I started wearing contacts in 8th, and now I wear both (on different days, of course). However, I feel like I can manually focus better with glasses then with contacts (and yes, I have the correct prescription). Whenever I wear contacts, I get a little bit of fuzziness.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back