Bad NewEgg Bad

Moonb007

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
stockphotos.webonsites.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am wanting to post this just to warn everyone about bad costumer service at NewEgg.com. They will not take refunds. I bought a processor for my computer that was fired over the weekend. Once I got it I realized it was the wrong one and and within a day from it arriving I requested that I return it for a refund. The item was unopened in all original packaging. They require you to send an email to support and from there Newegg will decide if you can return the item. I of course was denied, which is ridicules sense its unopened and brand new. I personally expected to pay shipping and a restocking fee, but not complete denial. They don't post anything up front saying it is a non-returnable item and according to the support some items are and some aren't. It also sounds like its personal judgment left up to the support person, all very shady. I however will never buy something from NewEgg sense this is a horrible policy, but I want to inform all my colleges.

Kevin
aka Moonb007

Interesting, I have bought computer parts from newegg for the last 4 years. I have only ever had great service from them. I am suprised you had such a terrible time. Did you look at there shipping policy etc. before buying?

Well, I just did a quick search for a processor, and it is very clearly stated that it has only a "Processor Limited Replacement Only 30-Day Return Policy", which is replacement only. Obviously I don't know which processor you're talking about, but in the 8-9 years I've been building computers, NewEgg is my most trusted site.

Also, with a reseller rating of 9.86/10, they must be doing something right...

hmm I have gotten stuff and returned it without any issues what so ever. very similar sounding situation to yours actually, I simply told them I ordered the wrong parts for my computer and they send me the RGA right away for it and I got a full refund which I spent on the correct part, IIRC it was the entire motherboard I ordered wrong.

I use them all the time without any issues what so ever and find there customer service to be great

I've never had to return anything, but I've bought many things from Newegg (computer stuff, camera stuff, a dvd player, printer, etc) and have never been anything but pleased with them. Fast delivery, good prices and selection, etc. Sorry to hear you had troubles, but I think it may be an exception.

Well, I just did a quick search for a processor, and it is very clearly stated that it has only a "Processor Limited Replacement Only 30-Day Return Policy", which is replacement only. Obviously I don't know which processor you're talking about, but in the 8-9 years I've been building computers, NewEgg is my most trusted site.

Looks like another case of a consumer bashing a retail outlet, for their own lack of due diligence.

Like most people posting, I've used Newegg for about 8 years and never had a bad experience with them.

I am wanting to post this just to warn everyone about bad costumer service at NewEgg.com. They will not take refunds. I bought a processor for my computer that was fired over the weekend. Once I got it I realized it was the wrong one and and within a day from it arriving I requested that I return it for a refund. The item was unopened in all original packaging. They require you to send an email to support and from there Newegg will decide if you can return the item. I of course was denied, which is ridicules sense its unopened and brand new. I personally expected to pay shipping and a restocking fee, but not complete denial. They don't post anything up front saying it is a non-returnable item and according to the support some items are and some aren't. It also sounds like its personal judgment left up to the support person, all very shady. I however will never buy something from NewEgg sense this is a horrible policy, but I want to inform all my colleges.

Kevin
aka Moonb007

Dear Kevin (Moonb007,

We truly apologize for any inconvenience Sir. I would surely love to assist you with this RMA. Ofcourse, we do have our policies that we have to follow. Nevertheless, like in this situation when your item was not open and just a few days old there should of been no problem in making an exception for you. I assure you Sir, once we have your information we will go ahead and investigate this matter so this does not happen again. Please send me your information to [email protected] so I may issue this RMA for you Sir.

Sincerely,

Alex Villarino
Newegg Support

Looks like another case of a consumer bashing a retail outlet, for their own lack of due diligence.
yup

but I want to inform all my colleges.

I don't know how many you attend, but I think you'd better start looking for a few more. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Jon

I fell within that 30 day policy. I personally have never had a problem in the past with newegg. What sent me over the edge was a support person telling me it not neweggs problem if UPS dropped it off without a signature. Not that I would have known to refuse the order anywaz. I have contacted Alex, he seems to be more helpful then the person on the phone. I will keep everyone posted with a follow up and let you know.

Kevin

Most reactions

Back