Bad weather + Sepia

a_scayola

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone,
Just a few pics I took over the weekend and some fooling around with sepia. What do you think? does it work?
Thanks for the comments.
Andres

lightningB.jpg

DSCN7454x1024b.jpg

DSCN7453x1024b.jpg

man, cool lightning shots...great capture on them....really dig the rain drops on the lens, that added an eerie effect to it... love 'em...

oh, and welcome...

Really like the sepia for the last one, and it does look nice on the lightning shots (BTW really great bolts you captured) but personally I love the natural purple tones better than the sepia on the bolts. All nice pics!

Well I sat here and stared at these for a long time. I could not decide. I flipped back and forth. All I can say, is they are killer shots, no matter which way the tones are. Very well done. I would love to get a lighting shot one day.

Wow, thanks everyone! This was the first time I was able to capture lightning so I'm very pleased that you guys enjoy them too. It was a huge thunderstorm so it wasn't very difficult to capture them, just kept shooting; I actually caught 5, but these were by far the coolest 2.
And I should also confess that the ones with the rain drops were complete freak shots, I'm not that much of a gifted photographer! I was in a hurry to capture the colors in the sky so I shot in Auto and the flash came out (which I wouldnt have done if shooting in manual) producing that "freezing" of the water drops. Hey, the photos came out great and I learned a new trick, so I call that a really lucky shot.
Again, thanks everyone for your comments.
Andres

Great lightning shots, they are good either way. If i had to choose, i like the purple looking ones better than the sepia, but I am in no way an expert, just personal preference!

Thanks, everyone.

Most reactions

Back