Bag for camera gear and 15.6" laptop (plus power brick and mouse)

epp_b

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.eppbphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Can anyone recommend a good shoulder bag that will hold both my 15.6" laptop and my gear?

I currently have a National Geographic W2160 and, while I quite like it, it no longer fulfills my requirements as I recently bought a new laptop. I previously had a 15.4" that was also thinner than my new 15.6". Fitting everything was a squeeze, but it worked (just). If it were slightly wider and slightly deeper, it would be perfect.

I really like the National Geographic line of bags for their relative understatedness, everything they have for a laptop is either 15.4" or 17". I think the 17" laptop bags will be too large (I'm not a big guy). A bag designed for a 16" laptop would probably be OK.

Does anyone know of some other bags of a similar style that will hold a 15.6" laptop? Bonus if it also has attachable/removable backpack straps.

Last edited:
I went with the Lowepro DSLR Video Fastpack 350 AW.

I started with an inexpensive bag, but it didn't hold up well at all. Straps started to pull away from the main compartment.

So far, I really like the Lowepro and am glad to have bought it. It's easy to use and seems well built.

I would say that it's not very inconspicuous. Plus I stuck a monopole on the outside. I'll have to use other methods to protect my gear. It may be too big for what you are wanting.

Tenba messenger.

It occurs to me that I have enough lens holders and camera inserts left over that I could "build" my own camera bag if I were to add a laptop sleeve. Now I just have to find the right bag for it.

Yeah, I saw that one. I don't think I want a bag for a 17", it's just too friggin' huge.

Is it huge though? The measurement chart on the page says it's only a couple inches bigger than your current bag (there's a comparison chart too).. plus you said you want to put your charger and stuff in there too.. honestly, your best bet would be to find a camera shop and look at them in person..if that's an option.

spam reported

Most reactions

Back