Bagged a bargain on a memory card

ajmall

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photodrew.co.uk
Well after spending time searching for the best deal on an external HD (I'm down to my last 500mb on my laptop!) I bought one off ebay this afternoon and soon after found myself searching for a Sandisk Ultra II 1 gig card, one of which I have already but could do with another. I paid just £26 in total for it inc postage which I think it's an amazing deal and there's nothing dodgy about this one, I know a lot of people don't trust ebay.

Hope I'm not breaking rules by "spamming" but I thought it was useful so thought I'd share it with everyone.
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/You-Want-One-Ltd

I'd warrant that they're all fakes. They will probably work fine, and at that price I don't see any problem (there's a 2Gb card for about £26 there), but... they're almost definitely fake.

EDIT: From reading the feedback - all the negative and mutuals are indicating that the items are fake. Also, the postage is pretty expensive, as they're obviously just going to post it standard recorded delivery... Still about £30 for a 2Gb card is well cheap (they're £99 in Jessops).

Rob

If as Rob suggests the cards are fake then it could be a false economy.
I've had problems with Lexar (I'm not saying Lexar are cheap or poor quality) and lost a bunch of images when the card gave up the ghost.

It then got me thinking if it was worth saving a few pounds on a card when i might lose the best image i've ever taken.

I decided then that i'd only buy quality branded cards and now own 4 1gb SanDisk cards.
I do have a couple of PNY 1gb cards if anyone is interested in buying them though!!!

I had a look through feedback before buying and was confident enough especially as the seller did offer refunds. I'm guessing the postage is that much as the items don't sell for very high. I'll let you all know when it arrives

For our American friends, Newegg.com has some stupidly cheap prices on good branded memory at the moment. Best buy I found a couple of days ago was a 1GB Kingston card (my preferred brand anyway) for $29 with a $9 rebate. Can't beat that. :mrgreen:

My new card arrived just now, works perfect and even holds 8 pictures more than my other 1Gig card, which is exactly the same make and model. How odd.

summers_enemy said:
For our American friends, Newegg.com has some stupidly cheap prices on good branded memory at the moment. Best buy I found a couple of days ago was a 1GB Kingston card (my preferred brand anyway) for $29 with a $9 rebate. Can't beat that. :mrgreen:

If I had not just ordered 2 2gb cards and 1 1gb cards I probably would order two of these right now. (still might :) ). Offer ends on the 6th and max of 2. :wink:

I'm toying with the idea of ordering another myself at the price. The only issue I've had with the card so far is that it seems a bit thick to fit properly into my camera. :???: But still, once it's in... good as gold. :mrgreen: What do ya want for $20? :lol:

Most reactions

Back