Bags....

i have to second the domke bags. i used to work for a pro photo shop and i got lots of bags as kick backs from different companies. i have tamrac, lowe pro, domke, crumpler, kenneth cole and some i can't even remember. i likely have 15-20 camera bags at the moment.

by far, my fav are the domke bags. my two most used are domke. they hold a surprising amount of stuff in a small bag. they don't look too 'camera bag' like and they hold up like you wouldn't believe.

if you go with one though, be sure to buy the additional pad for the strap. well worth it.

Ive been using my Kata HB-207 and I love it. Very versatile and comfy. Oh and plus it holds my tripod aswell.

I really like the idea of a backpack, except because I travel a lot (I work for an airline, so we fly all the time - it's free!) I would rather have my gear in front of me and not on my back when we're out and about in strange cities. That's why I wanted the messenger bag style. Looks nice though!

Wow, you really do your homework well! I have looked through all of these sites, and I have to say thank you... it confirmed that I really want a Crumpler bag! I like the "hip" look, and non-camera-baggishness of it! yeah, I know I'm making up words. ;) And many of the bags you posted that would be big enough for my gear were in the same price range, or close enough to make me choose the Crumpler. Anyway, I went ahead and ordered the Crumpler 6 Million Dollar Home today. And I felt like I paid about that much for it! I hope I love it! Thanks again! :hug::

Hehe, "baggishness" is a fine word and so appealing in your choice of hyphenations. ;)

PS: What IS the story behind this: http://web.me.com/flygirl76/Site/Portfolio/Pages/Family_Tree.html#23 ??? :lol:

Last edited:
I really like the idea of a backpack, except because I travel a lot (I work for an airline, so we fly all the time - it's free!) I would rather have my gear in front of me and not on my back when we're out and about in strange cities. That's why I wanted the messenger bag style. Looks nice though!

In that case i understand your point. Perhaps a lowepro fastpack. Its a backpack and yet you would have to take it off to get ur stuff out.

Yea they're pretty good for light everyday use. Also, the tenba shootout sling is great. IMO its better than the lowepros.

oh cool, I never heard of Tenba before. I checked their site and they even have a nice video. Definitely will check them out!

Was wondering the the sling type gets annoying after a while. Looks likke it should be ok, but for someone who has used it - does it start to dig in or chafe or something that a backpack wouldn't?

oh cool, I never heard of Tenba before. I checked their site and they even have a nice video. Definitely will check them out!

Was wondering the the sling type gets annoying after a while. Looks likke it should be ok, but for someone who has used it - does it start to dig in or chafe or something that a backpack wouldn't?

If the straps are padded, you should be fine.

I couldn't imagine finding a durable, weatherproof bag for under 100-200 dollars. Thats one place I won't cut corners. I've always used Lowepro

i ended up ordering the Crumpler 6 million dollar home... and it was too small! I could fit what I had, but not a thing more. I need room to grow! Or at least to stick my wallet in there if i don't want to take a purse. So I'm sending it back, because I just ordered the 7 Million Dollar Home, and I love it! Just what I needed... just wish I had ordered that one the first time! I won't be totally loading it up, I'll have a little room to spare, which is a good thing! And I love the way they look and they feel like they're built well. Thanks for all the advice!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back